Your work situation (10 Viewers)

Ugh, thought I might last a year but looks like I’ll be jumping ship sooner, this crowd havent a breeze how to run a business. Aldi sacked a colleague for no good reason and he’ll be rightfully taking them to the cleaners

Our new head engineer (on a good €15k more than us lower rung monkeys) knows sweet fuck all and is actually shadowing me on jobs for the week. I don’t understand why or how he was hired, because he‘s useless
220px-Square_compasses.svg.png

I've got an interview for an external job on Friday but there's nothing riding on it really. If I get it then I'll just try to use it to get more money out of my current place. The magic money tree exists but it only appears in special circumstances. I don't really want to leave but I also don't want to spend another year getting paid the same amount even if the perks are great and I have the run of the place (e.g. - never have to worry about being late etc.)

I have to an entrance exam for a job that I applied for a year and a half ago in the morning. I'm actually really liking the job I'm in at the moment so don't really care if I get it or not. It'll just be nice to have a trip into town.

never work on the weekend, things get weird

I find working on the weekend ok. Overall, I'd rather not have to but there are3 benefits of working weekend over regular days

1 - can take off shoes
2 - can play music. Nothing better than working with playing the knife in the background
3 - actually getting work done without distractions every 10 minutes, either the phone ringing or colleague not liking the sound of silence. It is nice to be able to concentrate on what you are doing without constant chatter. .

Oh I see the weird things with my first 2.

Jesus Cunting Christ. 11 people on a conference call and everyone has to introduce themselves and talk a little about who they are and what they do. I don't fucking care, no one fucking cares.

Had enough of old works bullshit week before last. Did a few interviews, got offered a better job. Handed in notice last Monday. Start new job Monday week.
Sound boss
Better wages
More enjoyable work
And no on-call rota, which I am most delighted about
Start

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back