Shevchenko (1 Viewer)

"Had money been my motivation for coming, I would probably have stayed in Milan."

Can I just be the first to say

BULLSHIT

This is just wrong.

Hopefully Chelsea will fall apart and never be seen again. I think you'd have to be a little bit sick in the head to support them.

personally i could see better strikers for 30m. He wasnt great last season and is nearly 30. How come van horaseface is only 10m? its only because abromovich wants him there!

tevez, torres, adrianno, toni, kyut, trezuget....all quality and all younger except toni. They will get 2 good years from sheva

RED(tape)MENACE said:
Who's better for 30m?

plenty, as nofriendo put it well. inanyways, its more the case that he's not worth 30. he's worth less than half that.
he's good for the odd bit of magic, but sure so'e crespo. he didn't have a good season and he's going nowhere but downhill.
he's still good, as in 12 million good, but chelsea are just fucking ridiculous

nofriendo said:
tevez, torres, adrianno, toni, kyut, trezuget....all quality and all younger except toni. They will get 2 good years from sheva

1. Tevez - Totally different kind of player. He ain't winning shit in the air.
  2. Torres - Not exactly proven at the top level like Shevy, is he? 13 goals in spain this season. Hmm.
  3. Adriano - A legend, but Inter won't sell him.
  4. Toni - £30m? I don't think so. Maybe if he scores 25+ goals again next season.
  5. Kuyt - Again, unproven.
  6. Trezeguet - Don't much fancy him, myself. One year younger than Shevy. Looks dumb.
Be the Hokey said:
he's still good, as in 12 million good, but chelsea are just fucking ridiculous

Well, I guess we'll see at the end of the season, won't we?
Was £30m for Rio Ferdinand more ridiculous or less ridiculous, do you think. Who would YOU rather have?

RED(tape)MENACE said:
Well, I guess we'll see at the end of the season, won't we?
Was £30m for Rio Ferdinand more ridiculous or less ridiculous, do you think. Who would YOU rather have?

Ferdinand was a far worse buy, for sure, but that doesn't negate the stupidity of spending 30 million on Shevchenko.

its like asking whether its more stupid to spend a tenner on a bag of chips or a packet of crisps.

but yeah, we'll see how he goes. he'll probably moan his way back to italy in six months.

the ferdinand transfer came at a different time. The transfer market has changed alot. Clubs are no longer willing to pay that sort

the ferdinand transfer came at a different time. The transfer market has changed alot. Clubs are no longer willing to pay that sort of money. chelsea however are happy to spend stupid money on players, wright-phillips, ferrera, essien, johnson etc. If you can justify why sheva is worth 20m more than van nistlerooy then I will listen otherwise he is way too overpriced.

Would you sell Shevy to Chelsea for £12m? The problem is that clubs know Chelsea have the cash, so that's what they have to spend to get players. There's fuck all Chelsea can do about that.

i'm only messing ! its a fair point. i'd sell him for what i could get, and if chelsea are willing to pay funny money then of course i'd take it.
i don't fully buy the line that chelsea are forced to pay funny money though. they can bid and others can take it or leave it, same as anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back