Ireland (3 Viewers)

Why can't they just find the poor bastards with codeine addiction and treat them.

It's fucking rediculous

Whats the bets that

Since medicine was de regulated and you can get non brand versions of these things that pharma want to reign it in again so they can control the market like they did before.

Painkillers should be mandatory.

While on one hand, I understand the dangers of codeine addiction*. On the other, very often the kinds of pain that these are sold over the counter for are commonly re-occurring (period pain, recurring ailments like ear infections or dental pain) and this adds a huge expense and time delay for people to get treatment. Meanwhile, those abusing it will probably be buying stuff from someone down the pub.

*although not personally. Codeine has absolutely no effect on me beyond pain relief and constipation. Do people actually feel high from solpadeine? How many do you have to take? I mean, they are metabolised into morphine so it makes sense that they should feel good but my body doesn’t roll that way. It’s like someone saying they’re off their face on Rennie for me.

While on one hand, I understand the dangers of codeine addiction*. On the other, very often the kinds of pain that these are sold over the counter for are commonly re-occurring (period pain, recurring ailments like ear infections or dental pain) and this adds a huge expense and time delay for people to get treatment. Meanwhile, those abusing it will probably be buying stuff from someone down the pub.

*although not personally. Codeine has absolutely no effect on me beyond pain relief and constipation. Do people actually feel high from solpadeine? How many do you have to take? I mean, they are metabolised into morphine so it makes sense that they should feel good but my body doesn’t roll that way. It’s like someone saying they’re off their face on Rennie for me.

back last year I had the worst chest cold of my adult life. couldn't get to the GP. so did one of those phone consultations. A kindly oul fella prescribed me a cough bottle that had an insane amount of codeine in it, without actually seeing or examining me properly.

Not high as such. It's more like you don't notice how hung over you are, or you don't notice how painful that little pain is, until you get to a stage where you're too far gone.

I usually find being on them for a few days to start to feel unpleasant so I stop. But easily could go 2-3 days where it at best stops me from shoving a pencil in my ear when I’ve got an ear infection. I remember being on the full strength ones when my ear had swollen completely shut and the constipation was so bad that I decided the ear pain was worth leaving the rest of them. Think I managed two days.

i'm lucky in that i rarely have cause to take painkillers. i'd average one nurofen plus about every six months at a guess.
i once nicked a difene tablet off my wife due to an ingrown toenail.

i'm lucky in that i rarely have cause to take painkillers. i'd average one nurofen plus about every six months at a guess.
i once nicked a difene tablet off my wife due to an ingrown toenail.
I hate taking them
I don't like the idea of just masking the pain
Where possible, I will remedy what's going on as best I can. Fucking sciatica though. No joke, man.

When I had my back issues I tried every painkiller going. Nothing worked. I was seriously underwhelmed with codeine

When I had my back issues I tried every painkiller going. Nothing worked. I was seriously underwhelmed with codeine

My back problems are muscular rather than skeletal or nerve related. Someone once gave me a valium when I was in a bad way, worked a treat, makes sense as they're a muscle relaxant.

Those few hours that it was working I'd never felt so chilled out.
I will never forget how chilled I felt when I spent a few days in the hospital with a life-changing injury. It must have taken a whole week after discharge from hospital for me to panic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back