Comments on Youtube (5 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
U_vDRfCulmPcBMYpVPV4Y&index=4

"I have seen tanks that are softer than this track"

Daniel14275 years ago
The only one song, apart from Seven Nation Army, that likes to me from Jack. Next songs are shit

This is a good song. Sounds almost like Rory Gallagher in places.

Here, what guitar is Jack (White) playing there?

This is a good song. Sounds almost like Rory Gallagher in places.

Here, what guitar is Jack (White) playing there?
It’s a great song.

Harris was obliterated drunk on the train to Limerick and did something to my Mum when she was a teenager (I think).

She'd get weird if she saw him in anything. She grew up in Limerick and said she'd be seeing him around fairly regularly, hammered, then she'd say she didn't like him and tighten up, but eventually she told me what her issue was. She didn't go into details, but it seemed like he made a pass at her on the train and did not take no for an answer, but was so off his face that she was able to escape him. She was weird about the whole thing. My Dad was there when she was telling me, and he clearly knew something had happened.

I was 10 or something when she told me, and didn't really get the whole sexual harassment thing. Anyway, the whole thing was weird.

It’s a great song.

Daniel14275 years ago
The only one song, apart from Seven Nation Army, that likes to me from Jack. Next songs are shit

This should be in the "unexpected covers" thread

I remember Richie giving out stink about that. They were playing that song the whole time and he never got a penny out of it.
just reading about it. Seemingly he didn't ask to cover it, he told him he was covering it. He said he would have said yes, obviously, but... it was a statement, not a request.

Harris was obliterated drunk on the train to Limerick and did something to my Mum when she was a teenager (I think).

She'd get weird if she saw him in anything. She grew up in Limerick and said she'd be seeing him around fairly regularly, hammered, then she'd say she didn't like him and tighten up, but eventually she told me what her issue was. She didn't go into details, but it seemed like he made a pass at her on the train and did not take no for an answer, but was so off his face that she was able to escape him. She was weird about the whole thing. My Dad was there when she was telling me, and he clearly knew something had happened.

I was 10 or something when she told me, and didn't really get the whole sexual harassment thing. Anyway, the whole thing was weird.
Horrible.

All these revered old famous Irish drinkers were probably absolute cunts.

just reading about it. Seemingly he didn't ask to cover it, he told him he was covering it. He said he would have said yes, obviously, but... it was a statement, not a request.

I doubt people who cover songs ever ask if it's cool. He probably should have got a few quid, but not a lot for whenever they played it live but it's up to the local rights organisation to collect that. Strictly speaking I think bands that play live are supposed to keep a record of every song they perform at every gig. I doubt many do.

If they'd recorded it and released it then he'd have been entitled to a lot more as he'd get the publishing royalties from each time it was bought/streamed/played.

Once a song is published anyone who wants to can record a cover and the only way that the rightsholder can object is if there is a substantial difference made to the work. I know that about 20 years ago Kevin Rowland wanted to do a Springsteen cover but change some of the lyrics and was denied permission.

At least, I think that's how it all works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back