Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (2 Viewers)

I'm really lucky to live beside the Phoenix park which is a real blessing because I dont drive and dont have a garden so staying in means being in a basement flat with not a lot of light.

My dad suggested we meet in the park today and bring our own keep cup of coffee and snack and take a walk together to catch up. Was able to walk over, keep our distance, catch up and get some exercise and air without me feeling like I was being irresponsible by meeting him. Should also note my dad is a very healthy and active man in his 60s.

I know people are saying only leave the house when absolutely necessary but what say ye to the above as a way of keeping up with people and not going mad while taking as much precaution as you can? Just wanna be sure were doing the right thing.

I think this is fine. Went for a family walk in Phoenix Park today too. It was really helpful to see lots of people around. Some sort of semblance of normality. Fresh air is always good and it gave me a good, hopeful feeling.

Looks like we will be closing our boarders sometime next week atleast Coveny was giving Tuesday as the last flight day from Spain. The is post to keep going I think.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We went out for dinner for the kids 18th last night.
Wasn’t keen on it but I called the restaurant in advance and they said they’d taken out half the seating and had a very strict policy on people coming in and distances etc.
Pushed the booking forward so we could get out before it got busy.
Watched the Late late, listened to the experts and they said it was ok to head out but be sensible about it.
Ok grand, all bases covered.
Got there and there were about 20 kids around the place, including a table literally 10inches from ours.
I was that asshole who asked could we be moved and we ended up in the corner and very glad to be there too (while getting filthy looks from the family we’d moved from).
Just saw on Facebook that they’re now closed for the next two weeks. Social distancing in pubs and restaurants just won’t work.
We can’t close the pub unless the government orders it. It was extremely hostile here when we said we were closing for the one night for the kids 18th party in Dublin.
If we close now, they will hold the grudge and never set foot here again and we’ll be ruined.

On the other side of this, a pub in Dublin 15 was proudly proclaiming that it was staying open on social media earlier today. I bumped into a few people that said they'll never go there again because of this. A lot of people felt it was really recklessly irresponsible.

I'm really lucky to live beside the Phoenix park which is a real blessing because I dont drive and dont have a garden so staying in means being in a basement flat with not a lot of light.

My dad suggested we meet in the park today and bring our own keep cup of coffee and snack and take a walk together to catch up. Was able to walk over, keep our distance, catch up and get some exercise and air without me feeling like I was being irresponsible by meeting him. Should also note my dad is a very healthy and active man in his 60s.

I know people are saying only leave the house when absolutely necessary but what say ye to the above as a way of keeping up with people and not going mad while taking as much precaution as you can? Just wanna be sure were doing the right thing.

I think this is grand myself. You're out in the fresh air and you're not too close to each other.
Was in Phoenix Park earlier with the kids. Never seen so many people there outside of a race event. When we got there, my 5 year old daughter jumped out of the car and ran around screaming "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER" for about 10 minutes. Cabin fever's hitting her already.

On the other side of this, a pub in Dublin 15 was proudly proclaiming that it was staying open on social media earlier today. I bumped into a few people that said they'll never go there again because of this. A lot of people felt it was really recklessly irresponsible.
The Mountview?

Hey guys. How is everyone doing?

My housemate returned from Portugal last night as has immediately gone into self isolation as a precaution. We all got a bit of a shock. We're trying to support her the best we can. She essentially has to remain in her bedroom for 14 days. She seems to be taking it really well. Thankfully we have two bathrooms. She only leaves her room to go to that bathroom and also collect takeway from the door.

I'm a bit paranoid but trying to remain calm. Her door was open today and I was paranoid my cat would wander it. She has no symptoms so fingers crossed it will remain that way.

My Mam is finding it very difficult as she lives on her own. She's still minding the grandkids who are in and out playing with other kids which I'm not OK with.

I have a feeling more and more is going to close and restrictions will grow.

Last edited:
Hey guys. How is everyone doing?

My housemate returned from Portugal last night as has immediately gone into self isolation as a precaution. We all got a bit of a shock. We're trying to support her the best we can. She essentially has to remain in her bedroom for 14 days. She seems to be taking it really well. Thankfully we have two bathrooms. She only leaves her room to go to that bathroom and also collect takeway from the door.

I'm a bit paranoid but trying to remain calm. Her door was open today and I was paranoid my cat would wander it. She has no symptoms so fingers crossed it will remain that way.

My Mam is finding it very difficult as she lives on her own. She's still minding the grandkids who are in and out playing with other kids which I'm not OK with.

I have a feeling more and more is going to close and restrictions will grow.

South a little drastic there have been zero deaths in Portugal and cases there are still in the low hundreds. I'd expect there to be a continual rise here for the next week or two with things hopefully leveling off if all the measures taken have an effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back