Electric Picnic 2015 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 2
I did a load of browsing, ended up staying for the entirety of Churches and FKA Twigs sets, both of them surprisingly brilliant. Highlight for me was Despacio, playing the kind of music that I totally would have turned my nose up at 5 years ago

I did a load of browsing, ended up staying for the entirety of Churches and FKA Twigs sets, both of them surprisingly brilliant. Highlight for me was Despacio, playing the kind of music that I totally would have turned my nose up at 5 years ago
Oh I dipped in and out of Despacio, it was really good fun! Too many people just turning up to stare at James Murphy though

Oh I dipped in and out of Despacio, it was really good fun! Too many people just turning up to stare at James Murphy though
James Murphy played a DJ set upstairs in Whelan's once and nobody fucking showed up. I was there.

This was before the Daft Punk single.

I thought it was kinda sweet people coming in for a look. Having no bar and no jacks was a problem - by the time you went for a piss and a pint and got back you'd be sobered up and freezing cold. Had an hour dancing there on Sat though that is up there with the most fun I've ever had in a nightclub

FKA Twigs was outstanding, can't remember the last time i was blown away at a gig like that.

In terms of how the show was presented, it was one of my favourite ever gig and i usually think more than 1 drummer in most cases are pointless

I really wanted to like Churches because yer one is such a massive ride but I have to say I'm totally mystified by their success. FKA Twigs is another story, what a performer!

Well anyway:

Grace Jones was amaaazing

Blur were great fun but Damon does not give a fuck about anything he wrote in the 90's

Shamir was DEADLY at 11PM and a bit difficult at 3AM when the crowd were falling over drunk

Natalie Prass was really nice even though there was probably only about 30 people there

Crowd for Mac Demarco were going mental for him and I really, really enjoyed it.

Viet Cong and Pond were both inoffensively indie pleasant

I skipped most of the cool stuff to see mates bands and the Manics who were surprisingly brilliant and went down really well.

there was loads more but whatever amirite

If music festivals were ever a thing the kids in school into music went to they're now just the 2K15 equivalent of a day at the races for the rest of the class.

I also thought the Manics were savage. I hadn't seen them since they played wittnness and they were so good. Also, thought Interpol were great. As were Girl Band. Caught a few minutes of FKA Twigs and she sounded savage. Also, really Julio Bashmore. Caught a couple of minutes of girlpool and really liked them.

I thought it was kinda sweet people coming in for a look. Having no bar and no jacks was a problem - by the time you went for a piss and a pint and got back you'd be sobered up and freezing cold. Had an hour dancing there on Sat though that is up there with the most fun I've ever had in a nightclub

Aye, Despacio was so much fun.

I really wanted to like Churches because yer one is such a massive ride but I have to say I'm totally mystified by their success.

Is she even 20?

enhanced-buzz-5425-1379527061-31.jpg

Blur were great fun but Damon does not give a fuck about anything he wrote in the 90's

If music festivals were ever a thing the kids in school into music went to they're now just the 2K15 equivalent of a day at the races for the rest of the class.

I talked to a good few people that said they left Blur's set after about 4 or 5 songs. And they were people that consider themselves pretty big fans.

I have to admit that the music part of these festivals is almost starting to become secondary to me these days. I kind of know that I'm not gonna see the most amazing sets in the world or my favourite bands of all time. Kind of is starting to be more about a day out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back