I miss washingcattle (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 99
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 5
For an internet persona that thrived on being angry at everything and throwing personal insults, he got upset very quickly at the end there.

I always felt there was an intelligent guy underneath that constant need to spew invective and provoke a reaction.

That's just how I read it though. He's one guy on a fucking huge internet.

I miss his contributions - he was a great writer and had some cool insights. I know he would sometimes shout things like "ARE YOU MENTAL?" or destroy the Blubbering like a Child thread by posting something abrasive, but I honestly think there was an amount of pretence there - just his sense of humour. Like, you know the way sometimes friends speak to each other in that loud, slagging but ultimately good humoured way, and get away with it becaue they know each other well enough. I think that's where he was coming from. Not that I actually know him at all.

I bet you were really though.

It was one reference and it was something like "Guess who disliked that article?"
A throwaway thing while talking about an article. Or something like that. Not some big slagging coffee klatch.

Not that it matters. Just that there was no harm in it. I am FB friends with like 3 Thumped people and I've only met one.

I don't like the idea of someone feeling they were bullied out or that there was some campaign against them. Wholly not the case.
I didn't really care for his persona on here, but I feel for the guy insofar as he probably spent as much time on here as me, and I wigged out after losing network access for four hours today.
It was his decision to leave though. No one even suggested it.

It was an offhand comment without naming anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back