Ireland vs The Rock, Kaiser Wilhelm (5 Viewers)

That performance in the first 70 minutes was pretty bollocks. They defended well, but just passed the ball straight to Neuer most of the time they got hold of it.
Last 20 minutes was great, started actually passing the ball and that led to the goal.
Germany were pretty shite by their standards tonight. If they didn't have Kroooooooos they'd be fucked.

I'm still calling Unknown Fan Unknown Fan, cause he was shite. Played for 55 minutes, and did absolutely sweet fuck all. Didn't get hold of the ball, didn't hold on to it, didn't really tackle anyone. Like why is he on the pitch? Does nothing against teams like Germany. I could even see an argument for playing him against Poland or Scotland, cause he might actually get a little bit of the ball against them, but putting him up against Hummels? Come on like, fucking joke that. Look at the difference when Jon Walters went into the middle and started winning the odd ball here and there.

Great result, now to go and lose against Poland and Scotland in some shit manner and ruin it all.

John O'Shea you beautiful beautiful man!!!!!!!!!

img_1413322521_liveblog-image.jpg

Last edited:
We can talk later about who should or shouldn't play and who was shite or whatever, but the point is that they got picked and went out there and worked their fucking socks off. O'Shea wanted that so much more than Hummels.
Smashing result, legends all.

Fantastic result..bleedin delireh'

My match analysis:

Quinn looks like a leprechaun.
Wilson looks like a garden gnome.
James McClean looks like another leprechaun..
Daragh Maloney is a boring cunt.
Ronnie Whelan annoys me the way he speaks.

And the way I read, despite Poland beating Germany we are in a better position than them:
- we both played Gibraltar, guaranteed 3 points. Equal.
- we've played Germany away, tougher than Germany at home
- we've played Georgia away, tougher than Scotland at home.

They're going to slip up in Georgia.
Oh yes!

And the way I read, despite Poland beating Germany we are in a better position than them:
- we both played Gibraltar, guaranteed 3 points. Equal.
- we've played Germany away, tougher than Germany at home
- we've played Georgia away, tougher than Scotland at home.

They're going to slip up in Georgia.
Oh yes!

Agreed. We are more than capable of getting a draw in Scotland and beating Poland at home. That's 4 points, beat Georgia at home, Gibraltar away and we qualify..I think.

Let's cool the jets here lads. We've only schooled the Weltmeisters. They're no Scotland. Germany were crying out for a Jordan Rhodes tonight.

Let's not get carried away.

On the other hand We need to beat Georgia at home Gibralta away and take 4 points off of Scotland and Poland we could win the group no matter what Germany do to us in Dublin. It is doable.

Hoolihan has to play, Gibbo did okay when he was on Whelan was well....Whelan. I don't rate Quinn or Hendrick, they work hard but they're sloppy on the ball. Ward cannot pass a ball to save his fucking life. McGeady will improve in that free role, but to be fair Hoolihan has to start. Keane was never going to get a lot of touches and didn't O Shea and Wilson looked solid which is a massive relief. Forde was fucking immense.

It was the work-rate that really impressed. Walters and Meyler for example worked so fucking hard they must be hooked up to respirators now. I'm not getting carried away because they were fucking shite but the system looked better, we look like we actually want to pass it.

We did that tonight without Coleman and McCarthy which is great.

I'm putting us down for a defeat every game from now on. Might book my train to Scotland now.

Will the Euros be the same lay out as the WC? Will it be 6 groups of 4 with the first two in each group qualifying for a knock out stage?

Let's not get carried away....we could win the group... It is doable.
Where's the facepalm button?

I don't rate Quinn or Hendrick, they work hard but they're sloppy on the ball.

Watch Hendrick's assist to O'Shea again, look at the angle the ball's coming to him and how he has to adjust, and tell me that's sloppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back