Minor complaints thread (24 Viewers)

how come @pete hasn't tweeted a 'If you read one discussion this week, read the one about plastic gloves' tweet yet?

Because it's in this fucking lucky bag of a thread.

This discussion needs its own thread.

This thing is a goulash of a miasma of possibly good threads.

I read it more as they are not a silver bullet.
They can't replace handwashing and they can't be used for too long.

this bit?

Are gloves a legal requirement for workers handling food?
No. A common misunderstanding among both food business operators and customers is that it is a legal requirement that food handlers must wear gloves when handling and preparing food. It is perfectly acceptable to prepare and handle food with bare hands provided proper hand washing procedures are in place. Gloves may be used by food workers, but they must be properly trained to ensure that the gloves are changed frequently and that hands are washed between glove changes and when gloves are removed. It must also be emphasised that gloves must be changed when carrying out non-food related activities such as emptying bins, handling money etc. Workers should be aware that wearing gloves can allow bacteria to build up on the surface of the hands, so hand washing is extremely important when gloves are removed to avoid subsequent contamination of food.

What like mc donalds and all or is that all spatula's? I kinda think there is a level of dehumanisation in it too. i.e. person who works in deli cant be trusted on heijene kind of passive agressivity.

I got a response.

Many thanks for getting back to me with your issues and I will retrain all of our team again on the importance of sing utensils in the production of sandwiches to ensure cross contamination and all dietary requirements are catered for in full as we strive to do this.

Again many thanks for bringing this to my attention and I will endeavor to ensure it is rectified.

quite a result

But seriously, it is a good thing

It's not the gloves I mind so much as rolling my food around on a cutting board covered in pigmeat dust ( like sawdust..it's early, I can't think of a better description) or adding bits of animals into the mayonnaise when they use those knives

The Ben and Jerry's staff rinse their scoops every time so it's not unprecedented

But feck it, it won't kill me, it's just a bit unsettling

Nail scissors.
We've 3 or 4 pairs knocking round the house but I can't find one of the bastarding things. Where the fuck are they? Fucking nails are clacking against the keyboard here. It's one of those petty things that's always close to sending me into a hulk like rage.
Seriously though, where the fuck are they?

Nail scissors.
We've 3 or 4 pairs knocking round the house but I can't find one of the bastarding things. Where the fuck are they? Fucking nails are clacking against the keyboard here. It's one of those petty things that's always close to sending me into a hulk like rage.
Seriously though, where the fuck are they?

just bite them off

i dunno. I buy one every 2-3 weeks. one in the car, one the guitar case, one in the washbag. still cant find one.

we actually have one in the office in the toolkit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back