Modified/Personalised (3 Viewers)

Modded this old Sigma (70s Martin built by Tokai) for Niallo form Wild Rocket. It now has a set of Gibson Humbuckers in place of the single coil disguised as hbs along with new pots and caps.

72571_519678531399480_1716813483_n.jpg

Also modded this Squier Jagmaster fro steo:

734214_519678428066157_1597778841_n.jpg

I've no pics yet but I've rewired my Squier Classic Vibe Jazz so the pickups are in series. Next I'm gonna add a Tillman preamp in place of the second volume pot to make up for the slightly weak stock pickups. It'll then be my first active bass in over ten years...

stickers...the only customisation i ever consider doing.. and i have never regret it.
It started with septultura -the spine "S"- then we went punk rock..
now i have a rizzla sticker and we made a few stickers with the band "logo" i know it sounds..

my old amp is a living thing..

quick question, the guitar I'm (Still) re- building. The bridge (wrap-a -round) is very close to where the pickup should be housed. Will that effect it's performance?

I need to finish the guitar before all that dragonforce bullshit starts.

Want in as vocalist???

quick question, the guitar I'm (Still) re- building. The bridge (wrap-a -round) is very close to where the pickup should be housed. Will that effect it's performance?

It may be a little brighter but won't affect playing.

When you say close?
My guitars with wraparounds,the closest edge of the bridge post is about half an inch from the closest edge of the bridge pick up.

IMG_9801_zps6ece86ee.jpg

squire jagmaster, 2002 model- found in shit order (filthy, corrosion, broken bridge) about a year ago.

-repaired bridge, new jack etc,,,
- the balance between bridge and neck pickup was bad in the center position (bridge was much hotter), and the neck pickup was pretty muddy, so initially wired a blend plot to give a bit more leeway, and a bright cap to lift it in general. still wasnt happy - sound was too dark.
-fitted a pair of 'guitarheads' PAF clones. pretty hot - but with a nice bit of warmth. coils are also splitable via a push/pull pot on the volume knob - in single coil mode it can do a 'reasonable' strat impression IMHO - probably due to the similar bridge.
-shielded the innards as I had some stuff left over from shielding a tele.
- old stereo knobs
- set up for 9s with a low action.
- still want to rearrange the coil split so it splits them out of phase/hum cancelling in center position
- total cost of mods and repairs was <100 euro. its still quite a dark guitar with anything more than 30-40% of the neck pickup in the blend - but can get crunchy to bluesy out of it fairly handy.

dont have a before pic - but heres how it would have looked stock...
2105344003_3ca9c2eb8a.jpg

i'm pretty much banned from buying guitars, possibly for life - although that is beauty, it is slightly lacking in green. need to be spending my money on stuff like this. its not modified at all, or personalised. its just that it has had no bridge or nut for years. was stalking around ebay for a long time there to get as close to the correct year for the replacement bridge. will have to compromise on the nut most likely.

BBZNFNZCIAAaPlq.jpg

Me too. should be functional by the end of the week, will be adding volume knob and scratchplate screws to bring it close to original spec afterword. theres only three screws on the plate, and they are about as far from fender as you could imagine. they look like they came from a pc or something.

i'm pretty much banned from buying guitars, possibly for life - although that is beauty, it is slightly lacking in green. need to be spending my money on stuff like this. its not modified at all, or personalised. its just that it has had no bridge or nut for years. was stalking around ebay for a long time there to get as close to the correct year for the replacement bridge. will have to compromise on the nut most likely.

BBZNFNZCIAAaPlq.jpg

well well well, watt's all this then??
(there's a terrible, terrible bass joke in there if you dig deep enough)

this looks like my mustang bass, is it a music master??

well well well, watt's all this then??
(there's a terrible, terrible bass joke in there if you dig deep enough)

this looks like my mustang bass, is it a music master??

77 or 78 musicmaster. been off the road for a few years as it had no bridge or nut. Been sourcing those and hope to have it back together in the next few weeks. the previous owner put lots of stickers on it, which i removed but you can still see the rectangles. going for almost factory standard reboot of it. all fender parts, all as close to the year as i can get.

yep - six pot strat pickup.

as tempting as it is, i want this to be as stock as i can keep it.

I hear you on keeping in original, I just feel like Fender bamboozled whoever bought them new!
but sure fuck it, if it sounds good thats all that matters right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back