Euro 2008 (4 Viewers)

I reckon the group of death could be a goal fest this time. The dutch defense ain't great, but they're good up front. Italy are playing very offensive with 3 strikers - all on form. France are pretty solid at the back and could tear any team apart with Henry, Ribery and Benzema on form. Romania are gonna want to kick some ass and put out one of the favourites. Don't know what they're like these days, but I reckon they won't go down easy. There'll be many beers for those games, for reals.

Some players to watch out for:

Karim Benzema (FRA)- let's see if he can't make himself worth a fortune in a few short weeks.
Samir Nasri (FRA) - let's see what this kid can do.
Fabio Quagliarella (ITA) - for some outrageously beautiful goals.

Antonio Cassano - for skills and for crying madness.

benzema's already worth a fortune, but i take your point

won't be the same with zizou
i still fancy france though. mainly for their fine women and cinematic heritage

Romania are gonna want to kick some ass and put out one of the favourites. Don't know what they're like these days, but I reckon they won't go down easy. There'll be many beers for those games, for reals.

Romania hammered Montenegro 4-0 the other night. I love how pissed off their manager looks even when they go 4-0 up.

Video 31.05.2008 - Romania vs. Muntenegru 4-0 - romania, muntenegru - Alice Video Condividi i tuoi video

They've got Mutu and Chivu and they beat Holland in the qualifiers. The game against Italy is going to be a total grudge match as there is an unbelievable amount of anti-Romanian racism here.

benzema's already worth a fortune, but i take your point

won't be the same with zizou
i still fancy france though. mainly for their fine women and cinematic heritage

yeah, I was thinking 46m kinda fortune :)

I fancy France too, but Domenech is a real wreck the head.

Romania hammered Montenegro 4-0 the other night. I love how pissed off their manager looks even when they go 4-0 up.

Video 31.05.2008 - Romania vs. Muntenegru 4-0 - romania, muntenegru - Alice Video Condividi i tuoi video

They've got Mutu and Chivu and they beat Holland in the qualifiers. The game against Italy is going to be a total grudge match as there is an unbelievable amount of anti-Romanian racism here.

Chivu is super. Mutu is probably past his best. He's still pretty good though. Didn't really think it would be a grudge match, but you're right. There's a load of problems with the Romas in Italy. Although I don't think Italy are even vaguely on the side of right (good) politically, I'm still a fan of their football. I try to keep it all very separate.

Chivu is super. Mutu is probably past his best. He's still pretty good though. Didn't really think it would be a grudge match, but you're right. There's a load of problems with the Romas in Italy. Although I don't think Italy are even vaguely on the side of right (good) politically, I'm still a fan of their football. I try to keep it all very separate.

What are you, the John Giles of thumped?
Anyway, Mutu's in the form of his life (and he's still only 29).
The Guardian has it that Chivu will play as a defensive midfielder. Should be interesting.

Check out their previews of each team :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football

he's some man for one man. i predict a gazza like descent into madness once he hangs up his boots.

I think I'm gunning for the boys in orange. They've no chance but I hate most of the other teams for various reasons.

If Robben could get injured before monday that would be good.

he's some man for one man. i predict a gazza like descent into madness once he hangs up his boots.

that's if he doesn't die on the field. I wonder what odds I'd get on him doing a Richard Pryor in extra time in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back