Your work situation (3 Viewers)

There isn’t really an appropriate thread for it but my far too young coworker died.
There’s 4 of us that are in a group together and he’s the baby, he’s not even 30 yet.
He transferred in from another section and (like I’d been in my previous call centre place) was a bit broken. It’s been 2.5 years of building him back up and just letting him be himself and slowly seeing him come out of his shell so we could have an actual friendship and he’s gone.
I can’t get the idea of his poor parents having to deal with this out of my head.

Sounds like a pretty good deal, man

Nice one
It is. The nerds taking over the world hasn't suited everyone, but it has suited this nerd pretty well. If you'd told me as a kid my job would be sitting at a computer (with 3 screens!) writing code for a global encyclopedia my mind would have been fucking blown

(though if you told me the same as a teen I'd be bummed I didn't grow up to be a rock star)

My line manager told me "consider your negotiating position and phone the boss. He's waiting for you to phone him today".*

This is with regards to a raise, 15-50%, depending on what gets spoken about.

Thennnnn, I messed up what I was doing today and looked like a fool, didn't have time to phone the boss. Did not really have time nor confidence.

*One of my jobs, been on the same pay for over two years.

My line manager told me "consider your negotiating position and phone the boss. He's waiting for you to phone him today".*

This is with regards to a raise, 15-50%, depending on what gets spoken about.

Thennnnn, I messed up what I was doing today and looked like a fool, didn't have time to phone the boss. Did not really have time nor confidence.

*One of my jobs, been on the same pay for over two years.

put aside the time tomorrow and ring him

It wasn't a catastrophe, just a stupid, but a stupid I wouldn't have done but for other things.

Line manager is on my side. And the other guy did a master class in skiving, making me look better. God bless these guys who work so hard at not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back