Your work situation (3 Viewers)

What's a better word for Learnings in the context of having understood/experienced a distinct process and procedure?

A lot of people complain about 'going forward' too, but no one's got a better phrase

Longer
Not better

People are mostly just pushing back against change. They like what they have, they don't want to change it. The shock of the new.
Conservatism.

No.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apologies to Dan, but I think he's off here. Lessons are instructions.
Not everyone's learning at a lesson. Most people are on their phone.
Learning is what we're supposed to get from lessons, but it's not always the case.
Learning is the object goal of lessons. But not the same thing. So not really interchangeable.

Still going with Learnings here.

Our Monday meeting was cancelled
Which is great

BUt they didn't cancel the food. So we got to hang out, eat and shoot the shit and no meeting.

Just talking about our weekends and the looming summer and eclipses and all that good stuff

I got a talking to about my quarterly self assessments. Apparently they actually want details about what work exactly I did, specific achievements, targets met, goals accomplished, reasons for failing to achieve or accomplish things, learnings etc. I'm like fuck off, I've been busy doing my job

What's a better word for Learnings in the context of having understood/experienced a distinct process and procedure?

A lot of people complain about 'going forward' too, but no one's got a better phrase
“Going forward” is an interesting one. Just saying “in future” would mean the same in most cases, but I think with going forward there’s an implication that something will be changing.

Our Monday meeting was cancelled
Which is great

BUt they didn't cancel the food. So we got to hang out, eat and shoot the shit and no meeting.

Just talking about our weekends and the looming summer and eclipses and all that good stuff
Any yahoos with bizarre eclispse-related conspiracy theories or predictions?

Any yahoos with bizarre eclispse-related conspiracy theories or predictions?

Did they have people die on that show every week?

Like for yuks?

I am the only one hyping the eclipse. No one else seems to care tbh

“Going forward” is an interesting one. Just saying “in future” would mean the same in most cases, but I think with going forward there’s an implication that something will be changing.

Thought about this too
Like in future can alos imply like some indeterminate time from now. Like, 'In future, I will be thinner'
Going forward is more like starting right now. 'Going forward I'm gonna practice better eating habits'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back