Your work situation (18 Viewers)

I set my out of office because I had a medical appt this afternoon and I'm off until Thursday. I told a colleague to ring my work phone if there was any emergency, laughing that it would be unlikely.

At 3.20pm I got a phone call.

It wasn’t really an emergency, though, was it.

By the way, thanks for the reminder to set my out of office in Slack, I forgot yesterday evening. (At least I remembered to log my time this time.)

The technical part is not the bit I'd expect to stumble on because I know the topic well. It's the generic 'give us an example of when you've failed' stuff that will catch me out.

I once forgot the term "ICD code" in an interview. I had previously literally been the ICD code guy.

I think I still ranked fifth out of 250 applicants or something.

It knocked the shit out of me for ages. But I was young and fragile and in a new land. I never applied for a mental health type job again, but now I'd never let something like that get me down so bad.

Hey I've answered the question by accident!

The technical part is not the bit I'd expect to stumble on because I know the topic well. It's the generic 'give us an example of when you've failed' stuff that will catch me out.
I'm goood at that shit.

Usually revert to the 'well you need to be professional and accept responsibility. Mistakes happen, we're all human. the true test is how we respond to, and learn from, failures'.

I once forgot the term "ICD code" in an interview. I had previously literally been the ICD code guy.
to be fair, some jargon and acronyms get so embedded they become the word, rather than code for the word; has happened me too where i struggle to remember what an acronym is short for, when no-one has used the long form in months or years.

Interviewer: “Which is better - RAID 5 or RAID 10?”
Me: “…”
Interviewer: “?”
Me: “Well I suppose it depends on who you ask, eh?” <knowing smile>
Interviewer: “Moving on…”

Couldn’t remember which one was which if they’d paid me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back