Your work situation (7 Viewers)

So in reality there hasn't been enough work in the northwest so far the last 10 months. So I've been doing mon-Thurs
in Dublin and often finishing in Sligo Thursday afternoon so I was 90mins home then. But mostly I wasn't getting home until 8pm on Thursday which is balls.

it has taken its toll;
Have had enough of spending 4 nights a week in my parents attic and not being home long enough to get necessary house works completed. That and I feel like I'm not properly living in my own house I bought among other things.

Convinced work to let me go down to 3 days a week in Dublin. And, if, there's a fourth day there, a Monday, in Sligo / northwest I'll happily do it.

Can't wait to finally have more time than money again! home improvement thread will get more action!
this is a great call. If I could get part-time I'd jump at it. Had it during covid for a while when I was on a 4-day week for 6 months. It was deadly, and that was when we weren't even able to do anything. Once you can cover the bills you'll figure everything else out. But money definitely is not the be all and end all.

many years ago, a chap i know faked a shitload of info on his CV and got called for an interview in microsoft; they copped quickly enough during the interview and rather than saying 'we're ending this, this is a waste of time', they bollocked him out of it like a bold child and warned him they could have him blacklisted with all job agencies they deal with. kept him there for a few minutes like that.
I interviewed a lad before christmas via a video call and his behaviour was very strange. It was a management screen call and he seemed competent so I put him forward for the technical interview. After the technical interview the lads told me in the debrief that they were convinced there was someone else in the room with him, feeding him the answers.

Its hard to level accusations without hard proof so I asked internally if anyone else had ever come across a situation like this. The lads in America say it happens all the time, that there's huge money in commissions for recruitment companies who place candidates and if they see a chance to fiddle the system, they will. I was tempted to pull this lad in for a face-to-face, but instead cut him loose without any explanation. Chancer.

i once got a phone call from a recruitment agency ('we've been looking for someone like you for ages, this is an amazing skillset!', with me having about two years experience of fixing computers at that stage), and after some confusion we managed to clarify that no, i did not actually have any experience working on repairing satellite uplinks, i definitely did not put that in my CV. i should have just blagged it.

Related to what I said elsewhere, I feel very drained.
Tuesday night was cool and all at the time but I stayed up all night afterwards, buzzing, and yesterday was a write-off. And no, there was no drugs, just my brain.

Today is happening at least.
I'm having trouble managing it basically.

I'm still on probation in my latest job for a good few months but seriously contemplating taking a career break once it's done. The problem is I need to buy a gaff and it doesn't seem like even a new recession will stop the inexorable rise of house prices. I kinda want a break. I've been in the workforce almost 30 years but it feels like the time will never be right to take a real one.

I'm still on probation in my latest job for a good few months but seriously contemplating taking a career break once it's done. The problem is I need to buy a gaff and it doesn't seem like even a new recession will stop the inexorable rise of house prices. I kinda want a break. I've been in the workforce almost 30 years but it feels like the time will never be right to take a real one.
i've never taken a career break and at this stage I never will, but i definitely think anyone who's in a position to avail of one should do so

showing you this thread

I'd say plan for one FTW. Why not man.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back