Your work situation (17 Viewers)

I've typed deleted, typed deleted and typed deleted again.

The end result looks good I guess. But here I am still awake thinking about it. Come the next big day, I might have to throw some slaps. And that's the post I'm going with.

He probably doesn't want to move from a toxic bad company to a toxic bad industry!!

As I probably said before, DMP is far too thoughtful and interesting for monkey work.
And probably also too thoughtful and interesting for management. Possibly the same for DK.

Also, they both lack the requisite substance abuse problems.

Edits: got mixed up about who I was replying to.

Annual review time. My company uses this bell curve nonsense to rate performance

I've done three reviews so far and every one of them has complained that they didn't get a higher rating

And I don't blame them

probably faintly unusual to tell your boss 'i'm going to apply for the job which would mean i leave the team' and his reaction is a genuinely helpful, 'great, happy to help with the application'.

I’d much rather someone came to me like that than surprising me with “I’m leaving in a month” and setting us into a replacement search vortex.

the reason he's happy enough is my work has melted away and he was trying to get me a promotion but HR are absolutely useless. so he agrees there's no reason i should feel any loyalty and stay on the team.

Having to tell someone that their shitty performance rating that I was forced to give is actually a positive thing, and dying inside the whole time

Not really. No worse than some of the others. But the Bell curve, or at least the way this company applies it, insists that someone has to be rated down

it's bullshit
Just rate down the person in the company that insists on using the bell curve, and give the reason for the rating as their insistence on using the bell curve.

I honestly don't understand why I was hired. The only thing that makes sense to me is that I was hired to do the work of someone who they can't fire that does nothing and disappears for hours if he even bothers to show up. Problem being I am way too efficient. So, I am doing all his work and the rest of the work of the department. I am generally done with my work for the day before lunch each day. It is stress free and way beneath my skill sets but is exactly what I was hoping for because I was told I needed to reduce my workload from my doctor. That said, I didn't think I would get this bored this quick. I could run this department on my own and to watch is be managed so terribly is frustrating to me. I have now learned to pad out each day with walks up and down the stairs and around the building to build up steps.

Before @Deadmanposting gets on my case, most of the internet is blocked. Half the time thumped is blocked. So, to do anything non work related during my down time requires using my phone, which is way too obvious that I am not doing work, despite not having any to do. The only work around I can do is to bring in a memory stick of stuff I want to “work on” and try but people are walking in and out all day and the damn radio drives me insane. I need to listen to my headphones so loud to cover up that I would never know if someone were behind me. I just wish I had a bit more work to make the day go by quicker.

I'm learning french with dualingo today.
There was a french course offered in work but I dont fancy doing an online course like that in an open plan office.
I can say "are you a dog?" and "Is that a horse?", so I think I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back