Your work situation (6 Viewers)

Whenever someone new starts in our place it's announced on slack, and usually the person says something about themselves. Today's new person says they're a big fan of bubble tea, and tells us about their favourite flavour

I mean like, holy shit, the most interesting thing you can think to say about yourself is you like bubble tea? How fucking boring is that? Or hmmm maybe it's that Yank thing where everyone is super-cagey in work and never reveals anything of their real selves in case they get fired

Whenever someone new starts in our place it's announced on slack, and usually the person says something about themselves. Today's new person says they're a big fan of bubble tea, and tells us about their favourite flavour

I mean like, holy shit, the most interesting thing you can think to say about yourself is you like bubble tea? How fucking boring is that? Or hmmm maybe it's that Yank thing where everyone is super-cagey in work and never reveals anything of their real selves in case they get fired
you should put this as a reply to their Slack post

Bubble Tea arrived just when all the big brand takeaways had wound down plastic cups, and for that reason i destest it's very existence.
There's a place in Mullingar that sells this and is primarily a sushi restaurant. Everything you order comes on separate plastic trays with plastic lids. Sauces are in plastic containers. Cutlery is plastic. It all goes in the bin.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's a place in Mullingar that sells this and is primarily a sushi restaurant. Everything you order comes on separate plastic trays with plastic lids. Sauces are in plastic containers. Cutlery is plastic. It all goes in the bin.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A friend told you, of course, as you've never been to Mullingar, obviously

I was in Atlanta once, and with every drink you ordered in the bar I was in they gave you a plastic glass of water. Also they kept all the urinals filled with ice cubes 🤷

It's all just sugarwater whatever the latest branding mission implies. Soft drinks -> sugarwater, fake healthy drinks in plastic bottles -> sugarwater, notiony coffees -> sugarwater, bubble tea -> sugarwater.

With that in mind, all i can see is how shitty the packaging is, so i just drink stuff from aluminum tins because they've a very high recyclability.

Yep. Gimmicky
It's all just sugarwater whatever the latest branding mission implies. Soft drinks -> sugarwater, fake healthy drinks in plastic bottles -> sugarwater, notiony coffees -> sugarwater, bubble tea -> sugarwater.

With that in mind, all i can see is how shitty the packaging is, so i just drink stuff from aluminum tins because they've a very high recyclability.

Attachments

• IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back