Your work situation (6 Viewers)

Should i read as far as the bit where it says it means knife or not?

You could.

The word cutler derives from the Middle English word 'cuteler' and this in turn derives from Old French 'coutelier' which comes from 'coutel'; meaning knife (modern French: couteau).[4] The word's early origins can be seen in the Latin word 'culter' (knife).

Ominous meeting invites from the directors sent out to my department--and no one else's. And each participant is sworn to secrecy.

No idea what is going on but the sense is that it is not good.

individual 15-minute meetings. HR included on some of the invites.
sounds very familiar.

my last redundo was like that. My boss and a HR rep. All the meetings marked as private on my bosses calendar. By cross-checking his private meetings with private meetings with others in the team, we figured out everyone who was getting the chop.

Not sure what your preferred outcome is here. In that case I wanted the redundo and was delighted to get it. So long as there's a package, its all good. Those opportunities don't come around often.

sounds very familiar.

my last redundo was like that. My boss and a HR rep. All the meetings marked as private on my bosses calendar. By cross-checking his private meetings with private meetings with others in the team, we figured out everyone who was getting the chop.

Not sure what your preferred outcome is here. In that case I wanted the redundo and was delighted to get it. So long as there's a package, its all good. Those opportunities don't come around often.
I'm too old to start again. But this might be the thing that forces me too

We'll see

On a Teams call and my work colleague mentions that the monkeys are back in her garden. She says the leopards come at night looking to eat the local dogs.

Cavan is a wild place
Reminds me of this ad

"the squirrels are back in the attic..."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My work is going great. Been doing a fair bit of handyman work lately which is nice for a change. Although I'm painting now.

I repaired a 120 year old kitchen floor with extremely hard to find reclaimed tiles. The lime mortar dissolved all my guitar callouses away unfortunately.

I've the hands of a 12 year old..who knows a thing or two about archaic flooring methods

I've a load of work coming up week after next, it'll pay off all my (immediate) debts and leave me in penury for just another month.

But then I thought that last month and the month before.

Johnny, get ALL the redundancy you can, or keep your job. You'll be grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back