Your work situation (5 Viewers)

there was an argument about that in a recent meeting. well, someone senior dressed down someone junior for saying 'aligned with'; his argument was it means 'came to a mutual understanding with' rather than 'talked to'.

there was an argument about that in a recent meeting. well, someone senior dressed down someone junior for saying 'aligned with'; his argument was it means 'came to a mutual understanding with' rather than 'talked to'.
I agree with someone-senior. I can't say it to this particular person because she's highly-strung enough as it is

My knee jerk reaction as well.

Person #1 saying they "aligned with" Person #2 sounds to me like P1 is covering their ass, because if it turns out P2 doesn't actually agree with or understand P1 or whatever else, then it makes P2 look like an unreliable liar.

I was just late to a zoom interview... Got a phone call - "they're waiting for you". Quick shirt change, email the link to my wife's computer that has zoom and a camera, run to the jacks.

Worked out, I didn't have time to worry about it. It helped that I could take or leave the job.

I was late to an interview once, sneaked off early from my job in Drogheda, drove to Dublin (down around Herbert Park someplace IIRC), changed into my nice clothes in the back of the van, ran into the interview about 2 mins late and the interviewer says "you're just after the nick of time" ... which I took to mean "we'll proceed with this interview but there's no way we're giving you the job". In fairness if he had a big problem with people being late I would have driven him crazy

Doing a bit of training a guy recorded for us. It's 2h:30m long. He keeps getting words wrong; "populate" instead of "publish", pronouncing cache as kaysh, CLMS is Seememem...

fuck this

Going back to work Sunday for the first time in four and half weeks. My arm will still be in a cast but apparently I'll just be there to point and mind the fibre cables. New client, will be nice to meet them, hopefully. My boss who would normally do this is currently in Georgia doing the U21 Euro's.

But I'm having strong Don't Fuck It Up feelings.

Other work has said let us know when the cast is off and we'll "load you up". Don't know how I feel about that, my right arm is a shriveled tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back