Your work situation (5 Viewers)

Maybe they’re disabled and have more right to be in there than you. JUST SAYING.
There's no one disabled in the department.

There's someone with a majorly fucked up diet doing this basically every single fucking day

I mean even forget us, but we have guests come in for meetings and all. "Oh, that's the place where they shit on the toilet seat and don't care"

If you didn't read the sign on the door, why would you expect that someone else will read your NASTY litttle note.

There's no sign on the door, it's just a cubicle with more space. It's not designated for disabilities, it's just handicap accessible. It's literally so everyone can use it. Like it's the whole point.

Same way our microwave is 3 feet off the ground.
You do get the distinction between accessibility and designated, right?

This prick is shitting where he knows others will sit, and he doesn't give a fuck. And I'm the nasty one?

Last edited:
Similar thing happened in my last job (not the pub) but it was a full on dirty protest. Shit on the walls, sinks blocked with tissue and the taps left running.
We all knew who was doing it but they couldn’t prove it. She even had her sister (who was temping there at the time) go in and do it one of the days she wasn’t there, to throw us of the scent.
She quit before she could be fired (would have taken years to get rid of her though) and bragged about it afterwards.
She’s also the one that made threats involving shooting her supervisor and was convinced I was out to get her. None of that was sackable though.

Last edited:
I use that one cos I can get a set of pushups in after a dump.

It's about as light as I'm gonna be all day. Oh yeah.

Surely you should be billing per game at least? Like, you have to go to a totally different stadium, so it's automatically a different job. I would totally be looking at what you said towards the end there, two games and a derig Saturday, one game and derig Sunday. That's what you should be getting for it, for sure - if you're op-ing during match then that's totally different job from derig and worth just as much.
There needs to be that job separation - ops and derig are different jobs for different people, totally different skill-sets. Anyone doing both should be getting paid for both.

I presume you're doing the video hoardings around pitch? I've done that in Lansdowne Road before and they can be a bit of graft alright, the newer ones generally aren't too bad but the old ones were a bit of serious work for sure - definitely something where you want decent workers, I remember doing them a couple of years ago and there were like 6 of us, and 4 of us were grand and the other 2 were fucking useless and moaning about the things being too heavy after about 20 minutes, and both those 2 were just fat cunts basically.
I'm teching, not operating. The operators work for a different company altogether. It's a muddle of job roles and companies I don't think I'll ever understand. My job is MakeThingsUnbroken, or fix them if there's time. But we all do get along. Because we have to. And that's cool, I like the operaters.

The other thousand words I just wrote and deleted are best forgotten. SufficIt to say, I have emotions. And weirdly, I think I love this job. Maybe because I'm not that invested in football, it doesn't matter really, I get paid anyway, but the buzz is tangible.

What was she protesting?
That some of us didn’t want to sit with her at lunch time.
She took her break at a different time to most of us. Still got called in by the manager to make more of an effort with her. I’m not sure why we didn’t go to the union then, as it was ridiculous. All grown ass people from mid 20s-mid 40s being told to play nice with someone at lunch time.
Anyway, she went on to threaten to shoot someone (her family have gun licences) and I flagged it with high management. She was cleared to work again after a few weeks and they tried sticking her with me for a bit, but she’d already singled me out in the past so it was a hard no.
I put in for a transfer to Dublin not long after that.

Last edited:
bloody hell.
in our building, about ten years ago, one of the facilities guys was telling me that they had to get professional cleaners in once a month because someone was smearing shit all over toilets and walls. i don't know if they ever found out who it was.

bloody hell.
in our building, about ten years ago, one of the facilities guys was telling me that they had to get professional cleaners in once a month because someone was smearing shit all over toilets and walls. i don't know if they ever found out who it was.
Bit of a close shave there?

I had some one living at my house and I found human shit like on the taps and spout of the sink

A very nice girl. She moved out soon afterwards, but it's almost more the 'why?' than the disgust that makes me remember it

bloody hell.
Bobbysandslongkesh1973.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back