Your work situation (10 Viewers)

Today was pretty rough. it didn't have to be, but the weekend was so full on that when I went back to my normal work I was a bit out of sorts. A 2pm start time, I nearly slept in and didn't have time to get food or anything. I struggled. Also, my wrist is still nowhere near fixed, though I may have found a way to get the lazy lads feel useful, I pick something up and then go "I can't carry this, you carry it". They are much keener to help when I grimace in pain than when I call them cunts. Funny that.

Anywho, the footy work is over for the season. So three games and two full de-rigs over the weekend. It was exhausting. Grafting and lugging is grand. Grafting and lugging AND being responsible for stuff that you don't fully understand, and with a variety of people around who seem to want to make your life harder, is a very different animal.

Me and the boss walked into the pub here just before closing. The barman said "I was going to close early, but you two really look like you need a drink". That was our end of season party, two pints and bed.

But the main thing that I want to ASK ADVICE OF THUMPED about is: I don't have a written contract really, and how they pay their PAYE staff, and their various freelancers is as varied as there are circumstances. But not one of us know how to bill them exactly. I could bill them for OT, which would be an extra half days pay for 2 hours extra work, or I could bill them for two full days, each day, i.e. double pay. I could push for Saturday to be two games and a derig, then bill for one game and derig for Sunday. Five days pay in two, but that won't happen.

It's all good, because more money. But I don't want to seem greedy and I don't want to look like a soft touch either.

Today was pretty rough. it didn't have to be, but the weekend was so full on that when I went back to my normal work I was a bit out of sorts. A 2pm start time, I nearly slept in and didn't have time to get food or anything. I struggled. Also, my wrist is still nowhere near fixed, though I may have found a way to get the lazy lads feel useful, I pick something up and then go "I can't carry this, you carry it". They are much keener to help when I grimace in pain than when I call them cunts. Funny that.

Anywho, the footy work is over for the season. So three games and two full de-rigs over the weekend. It was exhausting. Grafting and lugging is grand. Grafting and lugging AND being responsible for stuff that you don't fully understand, and with a variety of people around who seem to want to make your life harder, is a very different animal.

Me and the boss walked into the pub here just before closing. The barman said "I was going to close early, but you two really look like you need a drink". That was our end of season party, two pints and bed.

But the main thing that I want to ASK ADVICE OF THUMPED about is: I don't have a written contract really, and how they pay their PAYE staff, and their various freelancers is as varied as there are circumstances. But not one of us know how to bill them exactly. I could bill them for OT, which would be an extra half days pay for 2 hours extra work, or I could bill them for two full days, each day, i.e. double pay. I could push for Saturday to be two games and a derig, then bill for one game and derig for Sunday. Five days pay in two, but that won't happen.

It's all good, because more money. But I don't want to seem greedy and I don't want to look like a soft touch either.
Surely you should be billing per game at least? Like, you have to go to a totally different stadium, so it's automatically a different job. I would totally be looking at what you said towards the end there, two games and a derig Saturday, one game and derig Sunday. That's what you should be getting for it, for sure - if you're op-ing during match then that's totally different job from derig and worth just as much.
There needs to be that job separation - ops and derig are different jobs for different people, totally different skill-sets. Anyone doing both should be getting paid for both.

I presume you're doing the video hoardings around pitch? I've done that in Lansdowne Road before and they can be a bit of graft alright, the newer ones generally aren't too bad but the old ones were a bit of serious work for sure - definitely something where you want decent workers, I remember doing them a couple of years ago and there were like 6 of us, and 4 of us were grand and the other 2 were fucking useless and moaning about the things being too heavy after about 20 minutes, and both those 2 were just fat cunts basically.

One of our DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) deparment is leaving today. Check this out for a goodbye message (one line in a rather long and ranty email)

I wish you all exactly, and the most, of what you deserve, good or bad, on an individual basis.

Holy fuck. That is burn your bridges shit.
What's the backstory on her getting canned?

i note you assumed it was a woman. i think you need some DEI training.
I would bet dollars to doughnuts this is a lady

DEI is not something men go for in any great numbers, nor something they have any great aptitude for in general. A large part of the job is trying to de-patriarchy the damn place.

Also, this reads like half the exes I've ever had.

Yes, a woman. Our DEI department is all women except, naturally, the boss

Honestly I'd say DEI is a tough career. You go into it thinking you're gonna change the world, and probably attach way too much personal importance to the outcome of your work

She didn't get canned, just quitting to do something else

Fair enough

Same happened to our last DEI lady - but there are degrees to everything.
Like she quit cos she couldn't work here anymore.

She was waaaay more cryptic in her goodbye email though.

Yes, a woman. Our DEI department is all women except, naturally, the boss

Honestly I'd say DEI is a tough career. You go into it thinking you're gonna change the world, and probably attach way too much personal importance to the outcome of your work

Bit like HR I suppose, you go in thinking that you'll be the bridge between the staff and management, then you discover that your job is to protect and cover for your bosses while they screw over the employees.

Someone has been destroying the toilet (like leaving shit on the seat) in the handicap jacks cubicle (my favoured cubicle) to the point where I've left a sort-yourself-out note in there

Passive aggressive cunt that I am

Someone has been destroying the toilet (like leaving shit on the seat) in the handicap jacks cubicle (my favoured cubicle) to the point where I've left a sort-yourself-out note in there

Passive aggressive cunt that I am
Maybe they’re disabled and have more right to be in there than you. JUST SAYING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back