Your Health Is Your Wealth (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 71K
  • Watchers 9
I think it was mentioned here, the amount of sepsis cases I was hearing about last year was through the roof. A young woman about twelve doors away from me was killed by it.

I think it was mentioned here, the amount of sepsis cases I was hearing about last year was through the roof. A young woman about twelve doors away from me was killed by it.
Four people in my close family last year. One of them dead, one looking at an amputation, and one nearly died. Fucking incredible.

I see the pharmacy now has info posters up about sepsis.

Is it a post covid thing, there was lots of speculation it was when it was happening.

Like we messed up some people's immune systems?

Or we neglected people's health during Covid?

I don't think I want this

Obviously anyone can do whatever they want to do, but aren't most people intesterested in growth on some level?
Don't we watch documentaries and read books to understand the world and ourselves better?
Don't we see some meal we've never made before and want to make it?
I think we have a strong inclination to make up stories in our heads, with ourselves as the main character, and then try to make the stories real. There's no way to not do this, but if you let the stories get too big or too important to you then it's very easy to get hung up on what you don't have rather than what you have

Is it a post covid thing, there was lots of speculation it was when it was happening.

The couple of sepsis people I know either suffered it pre-covid or were on the road to it anyway. Both were seemingly innocuous, a bad tooth, a bad knee, otherwise fine. Both times the doc said "you'll be dead in a week if we don't deal with this right now". Scary.

I'm gonna go on an uninformed whim and blame crappy food and modern life stress, wrecking people's immune systems.

I think we have a strong inclination to make up stories in our heads, with ourselves as the main character, and then try to make the stories real. There's no way to not do this, but if you let the stories get too big or too important to you then it's very easy to get hung up on what you don't have rather than what you have
Each to their own and all, but I wake up pretty much every day grateful that I have a body that works, I'm not hungover, and I have a whole day to enjoy being alive.

Everything else is gravy.
But gravy is great.

Four people in my close family last year. One of them dead, one looking at an amputation, and one nearly died. Fucking incredible.

I see the pharmacy now has info posters up about sepsis.
Radio ads too. Ask your doctor if you suspect sepsis.... umm, shouldn't that be a standard check for them?

Radio ads too. Ask your doctor if you suspect sepsis.... umm, shouldn't that be a standard check for them?
As an expert on this (since finding out about it yesterday) it's supposedly difficult to diagnose?
Bit of a shape shifter, as we say in the medical field

Please don't tell my immune system I said this, but our immune systems can be kinda dicks

Bought a kettlebell last weekend.

Only 10kg so not that heavy.

Have done a couple of 10 minutes workouts with it as a warmup to other stuff. One mobility thing which went fine, and then a circuit of 40 seconds on and 20 off yesterday. Feeling that today. The weight isn't the problem I'm just not used to the reps and movements. My cardio for intense work isn't great it turns out. I'm not that surprised as my yoga focus has moved towards form rather than getting my heart rate up in recent months.

Kettlebell fan here. You'll soon move up to a 12 or 16.

I'm concentrating more on other stuff at the minute, but will stick on a random 10 or 15 minute video on youtube and be put to shame. Great piece of kit.

Kettlebell fan here. You'll soon move up to a 12 or 16.

I'm concentrating more on other stuff at the minute, but will stick on a random 10 or 15 minute video on youtube and be put to shame. Great piece of kit.

I reckon you're right. I can definitely move the weight fine I just need to get used to it. And one of the things in the circuit was a deadlift style movement so that was basically a 60 second breather as that'd not much weight for those.

Big fan of kettlebells.
There's an instructor Pavel who has some great hammed up instructional videos on what the heck to do with them and how to safely do so, would recommend.
//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKx8xE8jJZs//

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back