Separating Vocals From A Track (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

A friend of mine is getting married next month.

He has made the mistake of thinking because I am a music fan that I am also technically able to do stuff with music. That is very much not the case.

Basically, he wants to get rid of the vocals on a cover version of Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing by Hot 8 Brass Band and just leave it instrumental.

How easy/difficult could this be? I presume some proper studio jiggery pokery is necessary?

dunderhead

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I have done this in the past, to remove the vocals from a tune I had so that all that was left was an instrumental tracks.

It's over a decade now but I did it in Audacity (which is free). I'm just glancing at the manual for it now and what's covered in this section on doing it seems familiar

dunderhead

I have done this in the past, to remove the vocals from a tune I had so that all that was left was an instrumental tracks.

It's over a decade now but I did it in Audacity (which is free). I'm just glancing at the manual for it now and what's covered in this section on doing it seems familiar

Just realised I mehd you there, the intention was to hit the informative one!

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Gilla Band
National Stadium
145 S Circular Rd, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, D08 HY40, Ireland
Yule (15 Years)
Dalymount Park
7 Dalymount, Phibsborough, Dublin 7, D07 P2T0, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads