You know you're getting old.... (4 Viewers)

Wife is on a career break from the civil service with the kids. She recently started a side gig of cat sitting, for a company. Pretty much gets to pick what jobs she does. It mostly works around school and my own pox job. Pay isn't amazing, but it's basically her perfect job.

Wife is on a career break from the civil service with the kids. She recently started a side gig of cat sitting, for a company. Pretty much gets to pick what jobs she does. It mostly works around school and my own pox job. Pay isn't amazing, but it's basically her perfect job.
Oh! Can you name the company? A friend is having no luck finding someone to mind her cat, she's thinking of putting her house up on airbnb for the week so the cat has some company.

The young fella who drives the van in work was blasting dance music yesterday and I said " TURN OFF THAT RAVE SHITE" I gave him a verbal warning. If it happens again he's in trouble.
“Turn down that fuckin' wireless, that Jamaican shite,
Yer mother has a headache, and you'll wake up Mickey White.“

[someone will get it]

“Turn down that fuckin' wireless, that Jamaican shite,
Yer mother has a headache, and you'll wake up Mickey White.“

[someone will get it]
Haha I guessed right - amazing tune

Hmmm. A lot of the positive sentiment in that is directly contradicted by the facts they quote.

One paragraph begins with "Exposure to specific viruses over several years can strengthen immunity in some cases" and then ends with "general immunity does dramatically weaken, typically in the sixth decade". The sixth decade being the one I'm in

Another begins "Some women report increased libido after the menopause" and then ends "With women tending to marry older men, reduced sexual activity is largely due to widowhood" ... so women have less sex when they're older because the men are dead. Well that's encouraging, thank you

Bruce Springsteen announced tickets in Ireland for 2024, this morning

I was nearly sure this was announced during the summer just gone

Whats more, I was certain I'd already bought 2 tickets. Now I can find zero evidence of this. No tickets listed in ticketmaster. No e-mail confirmation anywhere. And I can't check my credit card bill back that far.

Looks like I'll be buying them again.

I've had migratory arthritis for a decade

Me fucking knee is killing me ..as long as it doesn't migrate to my fingers this time I'm happy. I wanna do some guitaring this weekend..after seeing Jim Jones All Stars

Talking to a guy at the star of the marathon on Sunday as we huddled under a doorway from the rain in FItzwilliam Sq
Told I was hoping just to hang with the 3:20 pacers and asked him what he was going for. Sub-3:00 - which is so impressive.
Asked him his age. 59.
He said we have our calendar age, our biological age, our fitness age, our mental age. And we can really push the limit of what we can get out of our remaining years.

I dunno really what those other ones are, I mean I kinda do.
But I certainly like the idea that there is some measure of control and it's not just life and time and entropy slowly stripping you of your vitality and your ability to love and be loved.

Really dunno what I'm trying to say here
Other than I don't want to call these suppliers at work.

Don't forget the new age

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just read Ian Glasper‘s biography of the Subhumans. Only for the converted, but enjoyable enough in its own way, and a few good tales of the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back