YO LA TENGO times tomorrow - Thurs 5th (1 Viewer)

very lovely gig... was pretty near the front so chatterers werent much of a problem and the quieter songs sounded great.....

left with a slightly sore face from smiling so much throughout

I arrived a bit late and could only get within a few rows from the bar, which was fine until the acoustic portion and they were just drowned out by chatters, so I left. Was enjoying the gig up until then but they weren't great. Vocals are a bit on the weak side no?

This post confuses me. You were enjoying the gig, people started talking, so you left? Why not just move?

sad to miss this. glad it was good.

Nice to see Ira rocking the Rory Gallagher strat.

unless he's just started using one, i think thats his old 60's strat that he's had for ages. or did he actually mention rory gallagher?

This was great. They played most everything I love, which was nice. Thought the sound was a bit ropey for a lot of it, but did get better as it went on. Fantastic to hear Yellow Sarong and What can I Say also!

Agreed. I don't mind a bit of talking but fucking hell shouting during a quiet-ish gig about who said what about someone at work...etc. is just annoying. I'm not a shusher but I really did want to thank that guy. Those chicks were out of hand with their shrill voices. Not to mention, not being able to enjoy the song or watch the stage because people keep pushing by and you need to look around to step to one side or another to let them pass gets old quick. There should be etiquette classes for the following because it only seems to be getting worse and worse:

Gigs.
How to use an umbrella.
How to be a pedestrian.

It's only going to get worse, not better.
People are cunts.
Sharpen your elbows and lose your conscience.

This post confuses me. You were enjoying the gig, people started talking, so you left? Why not just move?

I couldn't get down past the steps, the bar was very loud and the band weren't loud enough -- when you can barely hear the band then you sense the atmosphere dropping around you. So I'd had enough.

I couldn't get down past the steps, the bar was very loud and the band weren't loud enough -- when you can barely hear the band then you sense the atmosphere dropping around you. So I'd had enough.

I was feeling the same, but I asked if I could go upstairs and it turned out they were giving out extra wristbands at that point. Ended up getting amazing seats and throughly enjoyed it from there. Where there's a will etc;

I was feeling the same, but I asked if I could go upstairs and it turned out they were giving out extra wristbands at that point. Ended up getting amazing seats and throughly enjoyed it from there. Where there's a will etc;

They won't let us up. Just because we hadn't paid for balcony seats? Bastards.

I always find with Tripod if it's packed you can get down the front if you head down the ramp at the left of the venue. Gets you away from the 'I came so I could say I saw X live but amn't really interested in them so I'll stand here chatting instead and then complain that they didn't play that one song I know later on' crowd.

Out of four shows i've seen of them, this was the worse. It was still great but they didnt have the same fire in their bellies, defo the least rockous show anyways. I was all hyped up from the get go with "Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind" and I looked around and every looked like self medicated accountants. I know not all shows are going to be like Jesus Lizard but shit it takes more energy to stand ridged and not throw shapes to that hypnotic beast of a song. Peeps did loosen up abit near the end and Georgia singing was the best ive seen yet, normally she is all over the shop but last night she was pretty pitch perfect.

oh and "More Stars Than There Are In Heaven" was so good. One of my favourite songs of the year, but it sounds like something else alot. It's been buggin' me for days, like a Galaxie 500 song or something, any ideas?

Fair enough. It didn't stop the few people that did push past me. Nowhere near as many as usual. No matter where I stand at gigs it seems to be some sort of corridor.

What I've concluded from this thread is that I never want to be stuck next to The Kenosha Kid at a gig, ever.

well i enjoyed what i saw/herd last night.

all i own is the best of comp and there alot of tunes played i didn know but worth E20.

did have to leave after 100mins to get last bus home and missed the dedication to my friend who passed away a few months agai and was a massive YLT fan.

Tom RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back