YO LA TENGO times tomorrow - Thurs 5th (2 Viewers)

great show. sound was a bit dodgy at the start and the crowd a bit lame but both improved. cant understand why anyone would pay into a gig and spend the whole evening at the bar chatting.
€20 for a 2 hr show. frank black - suck my toes.

I will NEVER understand this. If the dude that was again the right hand side wall posts on here... FAIR FUCKING PLAY. He grumbled at these girls who were talking and told them he had to move because of them. They did stop talking after the shock of it. Thank you, nice man.

My other hate are the people who stand up front but then continue to keep going to the bar thus pushing their way back and forth all night. Jesus, if the gig is about the drinking stand closer to the damn bar instead of ruining everyone else time by hearing "excuse me" every fucking five seconds and being knocked about. I must be getting grumpier with old age. One guy tried to get by me and moaned, "excuse me" and looked at me angrily when I didn't move. My back was against the wall ffs! Where was I suppose to go? It's not like Xanadu, dude! I can't disappear into the wall.

People suck.
Yo La Tengo rules.

I will NEVER understand this. If the dude that was again the right hand side wall posts on here... FAIR FUCKING PLAY. He grumbled at these girls who were talking and told them he had to move because of them. They did stop talking after the shock of it. Thank you, nice man.

My other hate are the people who stand up front but then continue to keep going to the bar thus pushing their way back and forth all night. Jesus, if the gig is about the drinking stand closer to the damn bar instead of ruining everyone else time by hearing "excuse me" every fucking five seconds and being knocked about. I must be getting grumpier with old age. One guy tried to get by me and moaned, "excuse me" and looked at me angrily when I didn't move. My back was against the wall ffs! Where was I suppose to go? It's not like Xanadu, dude! I can't disappear into the wall.

People suck.
Yo La Tengo rules.

The couple beside me spent most of their time showing each other photos and texts on their phones. The glow of their phones was almost annoying as the constant train of people stepping on my feet.

I talked, shouted and heckled through all of this and bumped into people too. It's a gig! A noisy one at that! I had a great time, you bunch of curmudgeons.
i have to agree with snaky here. people who moan about people doing anything other than standing perfectly still at a gig are a bunch of whingers. it's not a funeral, it's a rock concert. you can't expect to have 200 people in a room with music and alcohol and not expect them to talk to each other. stay in and listen to the album alone in your room if other people bother you so much

Really impressed by the crowd too, big, quiet (when they had to be) and very loud (when they had to be).

That's exactly how the band described the crowd to me after the gig, great minds eh?

I talked, shouted and heckled through all of this and bumped into people too. It's a gig! A noisy one at that! I had a great time, you bunch of curmudgeons.

Yep, that's me. I fully admit it. It probably didn't help that half the kids stepping on my toes were probably not even toilet trained when I first saw YLT. :( I'm not anti-drinking and socializing but why pay into a gig if you're going to talk to your mate, especially when it's not about the gig? Headwrecking, I tell you.

i have to agree with snaky here. people who moan about people doing anything other than standing perfectly still at a gig are a bunch of whingers. it's not a funeral, it's a rock concert. you can't expect to have 200 people in a room with music and alcohol and not expect them to talk to each other. stay in and listen to the album alone in your room if other people bother you so much

Gigs aren't about shushy people nor are they about pushy people. It's the balance of the two. Most people just don't get gig going etiquette and it's pretty fucking simple.

Gigs aren't about shushy people nor are they about pushy people. It's the balance of the two. Most people just don't get gig going etiquette and it's pretty fucking simple.

Agreed. I don't mind a bit of talking but fucking hell shouting during a quiet-ish gig about who said what about someone at work...etc. is just annoying. I'm not a shusher but I really did want to thank that guy. Those chicks were out of hand with their shrill voices. Not to mention, not being able to enjoy the song or watch the stage because people keep pushing by and you need to look around to step to one side or another to let them pass gets old quick. There should be etiquette classes for the following because it only seems to be getting worse and worse:

Gigs.
How to use an umbrella.
How to be a pedestrian.

didn't think it was a great gig, parts of it (mostly the first half) seemed to drag on a bit. Disappointed that i missed tom courtenay cause i went out for a smoke, but the smoke made up for it when some fella in the smoking area gave me and me mates 4 free tickets to cymbals eat guitars.

Any setlist collecting type people have a setlist for last night then?

Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind
Avalon Or Someone Very Similar
Periodically Double Or Triple
Stockholm Syndrome
Tears In Your Eyes
Here To Fall
If It's True
Mr. Tough
I'm On My Way
Tom Courtenay
When It's Dark
More Stars Than There Are In Heaven
Deeper Into Movies
Autumn Sweater
Big Day Coming
Nothing To Hide
Blue Line Swinger

Encore:

Little Honda
You Can Have it All
Our Way to Fall

Encore 2:

Yellow Sarong
What Can I Say

I arrived a bit late and could only get within a few rows from the bar, which was fine until the acoustic portion and they were just drowned out by chatters, so I left. Was enjoying the gig up until then but they weren't great. Vocals are a bit on the weak side no?

If you'd prefer to chat then go to the bar. If you're there for the music then go to the standing area and have a good time. There'll always be wankers who don't care that some people are there for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back