XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

pete said:
at 75 quid a pop for games i'll not be buying anything else until i finish GRAW or Burnout...

Just order from play 60 quid delivered! if there is any game on the auld 360 worth 60 its oblivion. Main quest alone is 30 + hours. I havent even touched the main quest too busy having fun with other stuff!!

Wilbert said:
Just finished GRAW. Is it me, or was it one of the hardest games ever?

Its grand until about 3 levels from the end then it gets very tough alright

Wilbert said:
Just finished GRAW. Is it me, or was it one of the hardest games ever?
i haven't played it since i got burnout.... and the battlefield 2 demo isn't doing it any favours neither.

:mad::mad::mad:have been playing oblivion 70+ hours, head of all the guilds and a few other factions too, 1320567 in gold (thank you count glitchildor), and guess what???

the xbox 360 corrupted every one of my save files, straight back to the shops with this game , it damn well aint consuming any more of my time.:mad::mad::mad:!cheezy

btw. graw aint that tough if you take every area slowly and always use a semi/full auto weapon, never a full auto

got an xbox 360 in the gaff now.
very nice.
just a couple of annoying things
1. you can only connect to one pc at a time on the dashboard for mp3's etc
2. you have to install window media connect on you pc to share your mp3's
3. cant play divx or xvid through media center or the dashboard.

i have managed to get round most of these problems. its sweet if you have windows media center you can use the xbox as an extender.
got round the divx xvid problem by installing
transcode 360 so i can now play divx on the xbox 360

http://runtime360.com/category/blog/transcoding/

overall a sweet system

Region Free 360 games?

My lady is currently back in her homeland (Canada) and has offered to pick me up some games. My initilal reaction was that those damn NTSC versions ain't gonna do diddley on my PAL system, but then I remembered hearing prelaunch that most 360 games were gonna be region free.

I did a bit of a google and found this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

So is this fo' reel? Has anyone else imported games/picked some up when on holiday? I'd like to get my hands on a couple of bargains.
:)

Johnnyc said:
Region Free 360 games?

My lady is currently back in her homeland (Canada) and has offered to pick me up some games. My initilal reaction was that those damn NTSC versions ain't gonna do diddley on my PAL system, but then I remembered hearing prelaunch that most 360 games were gonna be region free.

I did a bit of a google and found this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

So is this fo' reel? Has anyone else imported games/picked some up when on holiday? I'd like to get my hands on a couple of bargains.
:)

i got DOA4 in new york a couple of months ago, based on its inclusion on that wikipedia page. works fine, but it requires a 60hz capable TV (as does the european version, apparently).

Can anyone find a review of Fifa World Cup 2006? Only one I've found so far is from IGN and I don't trust a yank review of a Fifa game.:eek:

I usually wouldn't touch Fifa with a long stick but the PC demo felt pretty decent. I wish they'd put it up on the Market Place.

Johnnyc said:
Can anyone find a review of Fifa World Cup 2006? Only one I've found so far is from IGN and I don't trust a yank review of a Fifa game.:eek:

I usually wouldn't touch Fifa with a long stick but the PC demo felt pretty decent. I wish they'd put it up on the Market Place.

I played that Road To The World Cup demo and it looked great, as usual, but just didn't have the gameplay of Pro-Evo.

After playing the Road To The World Cup demo, if the 360 controller wasn't wireless I would have hung myself with the lead.

yeah fifa games have zero ai, i remember playing the demo and the opposition kept getting the ball and running all the way back to their own goal. deleted it soon after!!

nofriendo said:
Its grand until about 3 levels from the end then it gets very tough alright
just got round to finishing it this evening (finally took the Burnout disk out)... last few bits were a bit tough, but i thought the very last level was a bit of a letdown.... after repeatedly getting hammered up by the obelisk thing i decided we'd all run away! run away! instead, back the way we came & then managed to pick off the bad dude from the other side of the square, well out of their range.... not sure if that's how it's meant to be done though.

noticed a fair few bugs on the way through -
- dudes getting trapped between fences & walls
- dudes refusing to move when ordered
- falling through the ground on one of the earlier levels. if you run around the right hand side of the compound where you've to rescue the tank drivers you can climb up a hill then slip right through the ground.
- finishing the clear a path level without being anywhere near the action (by ordering the tanks to take out everything at the end) seems to screw up the map a bit - when you get out of the chopper the area is still shown as being outside the combat area... oh and if you run the wrong way here there's nothing stopping you leaving the map completely.

great game though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back