XBox 360 (10 Viewers)

Wayne said:
Has anyone played Oblivion? I've been thinking of getting it. Is it as good as the reviews it has been getting or a little over hyped?

Its very good, will keep you busy! i am not really an RPG fan but have not played any other 360 game since i got it.

Yeah Pete, GRAW does indeed have a few bugs.

My fave is the one where one of your men (baldy guy with a tache) keeps constantly (and silently) "talking." His mouth keeps moving rapidly as if he's speaking, but no words ever come out! He looks like a poor tormented soul from out of a Silent Hill game or something.

As for Oblivion. It's been made official on the interweb, that anyone who doesn't like the game is a "dummy".

Wilbert said:
I called you on Live for a Fight Night punch up last night. Do you have the game yet? You ready for the beating of your life?

Still dont have it dude! flat broke and whatever money i have tends to go on the booze!!!

Check this shit out. Tis a bit of a long one, but if you have a 360/Ghost Recon/thinking about buying either it's well worth the read.

My 360 has been a-ok since day one. I've had 2 "crashes" I think, which since I've payed about a billion hours, doesn't seem like a biggie to me.

So lastnight, I'm playing PES5 for about an hour and decide to lash on GRAW. I load up my game and after about a minutes play, the screen freezes. I don't get the screen telling me that my disc might be dirty, just a still from GRAW. So after waiting about 15 seconds and not being able to get to the dashboard, I decide to power it off, give the disc a wipe and boot up my game again.

After another minutes gaming, the same thing happens. Now I'm a bit concerned. I take the disc out again and give it another good clean (with a special cloth thing, so I ain't scraping it). I power off the 360.... and get the red lights of doom...! So after my brain explodes and bounces off the inside of my skull, I decide to turn everything off, check all the connections etc. This time, it turns on fine. I play GRAW for about 5 mins and again, it crashes. Basically every time I play GRAW now I get either a blank screen after a few minutes gaming, or a red one.

Thinking that my 360 is pretty much fucked at this point, I decide to load up another game, expecting it to crash in a similar way. 20 mins of Tomb Raider - no prob. 10 mins of PES5 - no prob...! 15 mins of wandering the countryside in Oblivion - no prob! Seems only GRAW crashes my machine. It can't be a case of scratched disc, as how is that gonna cause my machine to not turn on and give me the red DANGER WILL ROBINSON lights that we all dread?

I start thinking things over and remember that I've recently had to unplug the broadband cable as it has caused some games to "stutter" when I'm playing em off-line. I also decided to do a google on the prob and found this unbelievable shit

http://forums.xbox.com/2878208/ShowPost.aspx

Things go off the beaten path the more you read there, but it seems a lotta people are having issues with GRAW and march update!

an absolute shitload of E3 trailers & at least one demo (test drive) has appeared on Live. oh boy.

aye 3 lockups for me so far

get the stranglehold trailer? sorry, i mean the JOHN WOO PRESENTS STRANGLEHOLD STARRING CHOW YUN FAT

amazing.

there's another shitload of stuff gone up just now

Call of Duty 3 trailer, some new tony hawks game, lost planet trailers & demo, hitman: blood money trailer....

halo 3 trailer is up, say pete you having trouble downloading its butt slow for me!!!

muhahahah
Grand Theft Auto IV tattoo! October 16, 2007 in North America, October 19 in Europe.

3:26 pm - Microsoft and Rockstar games have entered into an exclusive partnership to provide exclusive episodic content through Xbox Live.

nofriendo said:
halo 3 trailer is up, say pete you having trouble downloading its butt slow for me!!!
i was downloading during the afternoon and it was fine. i'll check now.

After the GTA4 and pro evo announcements, and the shite sony are peddling, I could well be eating my words before long.

i am most looking forward to the wii, it looks fantastic and been touted as sub $200 pricing. Screw $600!!

Stan Bowles said:
After the GTA4 and pro evo announcements, and the shite sony are peddling, I could well be eating my words before long.
Absolutely. Microsoft totally convinced me at E3. Sony had nattin at all (well, Assassin's Creed looks awesome, but I'm hardly dropping 700 bucks for that one game). And there's no question that I'm going to be getting a Wii.

Just going to wait for the price to drop a bit first. Still paying a lot of early adopter tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back