XBox 360 (7 Viewers)

re: oblivion

i really liked morrowind on the pc, so i've been working myself up into a sticky lather over this however, i need these riddles answered first:

pc or xbox? My pc can handle halflife 2 reasonably well, but i fear for it a bit
with oblivion.

I'm sure the xbox will handle patches, but what about custom user content
that was available for morrowind on the pc.

fighting? does it actually feel as good as certain reviews say it does

does it feel nice to control with the pad of joy?

time, is it very addictive ? there's no way i can risk touching it until the summer

If there's any game out there that can justify a high price its Oblivion.
howver 75 dollah is just too much for my meagre means at the moment

The pc price is about 50 and it's likely in a few months it'll drop to 29.99
whereas i cant see the xbox price droping below 60 even for second hand.

pete said:
oh i think i'll have a slice of that....

edit: Looks pretty impressive, but i don't think my brain can store the controls for that and GRAW at the same time, so much controller-fumbling fun was had.

That Battlefied2 demo is seriously good.... if i hadn't bought GRAW already i'd buy it for sure...

Came pretty close to buying myself a 360 yesterday just for GRAW and Oblivion, but then I saw Oblivion running on a non-hidef TV and it looked like muck. Now, okay, it was running on a 19" portable on a shelf in Smyths and I seriously doubt they'd bothered with SCART, but still.

Are yis all playing 360 on hidef or normal tellies? Not planning on upgrading my TV for a few months at least.

THRILLHO said:
Came pretty close to buying myself a 360 yesterday just for GRAW and Oblivion, but then I saw Oblivion running on a non-hidef TV and it looked like muck. Now, okay, it was running on a 19" portable on a shelf in Smyths and I seriously doubt they'd bothered with SCART, but still.

Are yis all playing 360 on hidef or normal tellies? Not planning on upgrading my TV for a few months at least.
1366x768 / 720p on a 32" LCD, but it was about a month before i could find a VGA cable for it so played it in standard def before that and it was grand.

here post yisser liveboxgamertagnames

mine's petebrady but apparently that's against the t&c's

ah well

Gamertag: Ghandii
Sorry Wilbert, got myself oblivion instead of fight night but dont worry soon, very soon i will have it!!

Ghandii.jpg

nofriendo said:
Gamertag: Ghandii
Sorry Wilbert, got myself oblivion instead of fight night but dont worry soon, very soon i will have it!!

Ghandii.jpg

You might want to save your money as it will only lead to great unhappiness for you.

Tip for Oblivion; turn the difficulty way down. Progress will be slow otherwise. The game is too big to risk being killed by a wolf because the difficulty is too high.

Screw you guys!

Hey, does anyone have a free Xbox Live trial that they aren't gonna be using? I told a guy at work I'd be able to give him one cos I knew I had a couple of those freebie cards you get with some games lying around at home. Sadly, they've all expired now, so ain't no use to him. If anyone has a code he can use, could you PM it to me?

Also, anyone dloaded the Tomb Raider demo yet? Not had a chance to play it myself.

Johnnyc said:
Screw you guys!

Hey, does anyone have a free Xbox Live trial that they aren't gonna be using? I told a guy at work I'd be able to give him one cos I knew I had a couple of those freebie cards you get with some games lying around at home. Sadly, they've all expired now, so ain't no use to him. If anyone has a code he can use, could you PM it to me?

Also, anyone dloaded the Tomb Raider demo yet? Not had a chance to play it myself.
there's a demo? there was only a trailer when i looked last night.

really reminded me of the original...

nofriendo said:
get your hands on oblivion pete! i aint bit fan of rpgs but this rules!
at 75 quid a pop for games i'll not be buying anything else until i finish GRAW or Burnout...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back