XBox 360 (2 Viewers)

Lovely. I reckon mine could go any day too, twice in the last few weeks the graphics have gone all screwy and I've had to reboot.

I regret opening my last busted 360 and trying to fix it myself. I knew it was unlikely to be a success, but I was hoping I'd just find the insides caked in a Tutankhamun level of dust or something. Not so.

If you can spare the few quid, buy a new 360, get the busted one repaired and then get it flashed. Plenty of youtube stuff out there telling you how.

I know none of you are listening (apart from you Dave) but Borderlands is possibly my game of the year so far.

When you get it Dave I'll start another character for the co-op, I'm already at level 20 with my current one.

Deadly, picking it up today and should be online tonight after 9

Well if you boil it down there's not much going for it. Story isn't great, missions are samey etc. But it's just great fun shooting and looting. Always pushing further on to up you stats and get better guns. Guns that set people on fire. Or make them explode. The feel of the shooting is spot on too. Imagine a less hectic L4D, where you are constantly exploring, getting stonger and getting better guns to shoot things with.

It really isn't going to be for everyone though, that much I'll admit. There is a supposed bug that can wipe out all your stats in MP, but I think iit's only if you don't exit correctly.

Dave I'll see if I can get on about nine, don't want to have too late a night tonight.

Oh and it's not really anything like F3. F3 is all about the story, this is all about the shooting.

Most of the reports I've heard have been that it's 8/10 for single player 10/10 for multiplayer. It sounds like it's the first game to successfully merge
old school fps'n with the rpg'n . I loved Fallout's shooting but it was
definitely not traditional quake style fps'n.

I can but confirm Stan's opinion that borderlands is the lootin and shootin shit, The guns are great, they have the right heft to them and there seems to billions of different types. I'm now hooked on the crack that is little "+15" damage markers spewing out of my enemies heads.

Mostly played it multiplayer,but I reckon it's going to be just as enjoyable single player.
I'll try and catch up to where you are Neil this weekend.

ps 40 quid in gamestop seems to be the cheapest i've seen it for

Tis a brave FPS that goes up against Modern Warfare 2. Had to bite the bullet and pre-order.

MW2 and L4D2 are two very different games, room for both of them if you ask me.

Got pre-orders for the two of them from this place, they seem around the same price as the high street and from the looks of it the game often arrives the day before release.

Sorry about tonight Dave, total bloody hinderance to you. I've got my soldier almost to level 15 now though so I should be a bit more useful when we play together again.

MW2 and L4D2 are two very different games, room for both of them if you ask me.

Got pre-orders for the two of them from this place, they seem around the same price as the high street and from the looks of it the game often arrives the day before release.

i've just done the same meself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back