XBox 360 (12 Viewers)

rsj.jpg

The end of R6V seemed very anticlimactic, but the gameplay was top notch. Looking forward to getting some co-op going.

Started playing GRAW2 last night, only got through the training but it seems good, though the aiming/firing thing seems a bit tricky.

The end of R6V seemed very anticlimactic, but the gameplay was top notch. Looking forward to getting some co-op going.

Started playing GRAW2 last night, only got through the training but it seems good, though the aiming/firing thing seems a bit tricky.
giz a shout when you get used to it. we'll hook up a game of co-op(much better than one player i reckon). except for the fact that you cant use the duck and cover method in multiplayer. which is just plain thick.

"Xbox portable" (AKA a screen that hooks onto the box to make it look like a laptop), launcing in Japan in June.

xbox-360-notebook-computer-converter-announced-20070416081901283-000.jpg

Also: GHII update may bugger your system

The release of Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360 brought cheers from the faithful who've been eager to rock. Things, however, haven't been so jolly for early adopters of Guitar Hero II. Of chief concern is an issue with some copies of Guitar Hero II that had faulty whammy bar control.

A week after release, this issue was fixed with an auto-update. The only thing the update addressed was the whammy bar issue. Reports across the Internet, however, suggest that the update is "bricking" some systems. That means, after the update is downloaded, the system becomes inoperable.

A spokesperson for RedOctane told IGN that the company was "definitely looking into it."

It's unknown why some systems are affected negatively by the update. These events are similar to an occurrence last year, when a dashboard update rendered some 360s dead. When that happened, Microsoft replaced all affected systems.

If your 360 bit the dust following the Guitar Hero II update, contact Xbox customer service and explain the situation. If you haven't downloaded the GH II update yet, you may want to hold off putting the game in your system for the time being. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Who would want one of those? You can't put the xbox on you lap as it would both crush and burn your legs at the same time. And then if you put it on a table or something the screen would be tiny. I can't see it taking off to be honest.

None of mine have been scratched at all, you might have one of the dodgy ones:

Microsoft has finally responded to accusations that Xbox 360s produced late last year were faulty, missing a part of the drive that was causing them to scratch discs.

The response came after Dutch television show Kassa ran its own independent investigation, concluding that the console was indeed to blame.

"Due to the fact that we did not participate in the experiment done by Kassa and have little insight into the methodology that was used, we cannot comment specifically on the outcome," Microsoft told Engadget. "While we are aware that discs can potentially be scratched through normal wear and tear, we have not received any widespread reports of the issue highlighted here."

"We encourage any Xbox customer who believes that their discs have been scratched in the same manner as identified by KASSA, to contact us at www.xbox.com/supportor 1-800-4-MY-XBOX for additional information."
So, if you find yourself with a ring carved into your favourite game, Microsoft has agreed that it will take a look at your Xbox 360 and repair it if necessary. You'll also be provided with any information you need on how to get a replacement game disc.

Microsoft recently announced it was revamping its warranty cover on the console, significantly extending the period of cover. It also plans to tart up its customer service quality, attempting to improve the overall experience if things happen to go wrong.

Sounds about right, i just don't fancy shipping the thing off and losing all my game data and such.
If it's a hardware problem just take the hard drive out and send it off. You could even try taking it back to the place you bought it from. Game or gamestop generally swap them out with a recipt, no questions asked, within the first year.

Aye, it's about time team rainbow got back together....

_1359371_rainbow_300.jpg

Do you have to pay for those maps etc?

I actually got involved in a really good game of R6V saturday night/sunday morning with a load of yanks. Managed to get myself up to corpral rank.

I think the reason why they seemed like a nice bunch was that there was a girl playing. All the usual racism/sexism/homophobia just wasn't there, it was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back