XBox 360 (8 Viewers)

Got Saints Row for 30 quid as part of a package in game, and had 38 euro of trade in, so I treated myself to Dead Rising as well. Well, they paid me eight quid for saints row so why not.

I could be away from thumped for some time.
get yer gamertaggy thing?

get yer gamertaggy thing?

It's the first time I've seen our TV do the High Definition thing, fucking lovely it is. I haven't even played a game yet.

edit - s'alright I found Brady's one. Anyone else here pop a request to me. Or if you don't like me don't bother.

ha ha only joking, we may actually have a full quota for a pes league when it comes out!!

Yeah count me in for the pro evo league.

Saints Row - Total GTA rip off but very enjoyable, the driving is better than GTA and there are loads of little features that make it a lot less annoying than GTA. The Rock radio station is great - husker du and neds atomic dustbin!

Dead Rising - The save system is a pain in the arse, so I haven't really gotten that into it. Great fun though.

saints row is meh!! its ok but i can see myself getting bored of it soon!! Dead rising is my next purchase i think

saints row is meh!! its ok but i can see myself getting bored of it soon!! Dead rising is my next purchase i think
I got into Saints Row a lot quicker than Dead Rising, and I'm really enjoying it, have you played it online yet?

Dead Rising is not as easy to get into - You start off unable to fight, with a crap stats etc. I reckon the more you play it the more you'll get out of it.

It's just at the moment I'm more hooked on Saints Row.

I got into Saints Row a lot quicker than Dead Rising, and I'm really enjoying it, have you played it online yet?

Dead Rising is not as easy to get into - You start off unable to fight, with a crap stats etc. I reckon the more you play it the more you'll get out of it.

It's just at the moment I'm more hooked on Saints Row.

Not played online yet, dont get me wrong its good but just seems too familiar

The real-time structuring of Dead Rising has its unique qualities, but it doesn't always work particularly well. Specifically, the mission structure and the game's rather punishing save system simply don't get along with one another. Save points are scattered in a few specific spots throughout the mall, and you only get one save per storage device on the Xbox 360. Considering most people probably only have one storage device, that means one save for the whole game. The inherent problem with this is that because the game revolves so heavily on a rigid schedule for the case files, if you save yourself into a corner where you can't feasibly get to that next case file in time, you're screwed. All the case files are connected, and if you fail to get to one on time, the trail goes cold and you're unable to pick up any of the other story missions.

Interestingly enough, if this nightmare scenario happens, you can opt to save the game with Frank's current level and abilities intact and start the whole story over (which you'll basically have to do if you find yourself in this position anyway). Doing this does make it easier to bust through the parts you've already played, but it's still an obnoxious thing to have to deal with. By nature, having to be places on time is not an inherently fun thing. It's especially frustrating when the penalty for not being somewhere on time is the whole story mode ending and you having to start over from hopefully a close enough spot to eventually make it. Thankfully, Dead Rising turns out to be a game you'll want to play through multiple times. But potentially forcing players to replay sections because of an overly punishing save system is the polar opposite of fun.

hmm

About four hours into Lego Star Wars and I'm halfway through Empire Strikes Back, so the actual game itself is kinda short. But there's loads to do after that - characters/vehicles to collect, areas in levels that are only available to certain character classes and all that. Lots to do if you're a completist.

Barely touched Dead Rising all weekend. Freaked out at the first bit - VINCE GIBRALDI IS DEAD, ANNE MORROW IS DEAD, SOME OTHERGUY IS DEAD. Fuck! Sorry guys!

About four hours into Lego Star Wars and I'm halfway through Empire Strikes Back, so the actual game itself is kinda short. But there's loads to do after that - characters/vehicles to collect, areas in levels that are only available to certain character classes and all that. Lots to do if you're a completist.

Barely touched Dead Rising all weekend. Freaked out at the first bit - VINCE GIBRALDI IS DEAD, ANNE MORROW IS DEAD, SOME OTHERGUY IS DEAD. Fuck! Sorry guys!
soooo you could buy it in Game, complete it & bring it back within 10 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back