XBox 360 (8 Viewers)

nofriendo said:
360 just crashed, ah balls anyone have any experience dealing with microsoft support?
Tell em you know Wil. You'll be grand after that.

IF that don't work (and that's a big if), just phone em up using the number on the irish version of the xbox360 site. It's fairly straight forward from there on. You phone em up (lie if your 360 is older than 3 months, cos if it is, it's outta warranty!) and they'll send you some forms to print out and stick on a box. Bang your dead console in said box and phone DHL and they take it away and return it for free. I got mine back in 7 days which ain't so bad. Lost all my game saves though, so maybe you should invest in a memory card unless you fancy starting from scratch.

I found it a totally painless process. I've heard a few nightmares (console taking AGES to return/console returning unfixed/tech support being shite with them on the phone), but they were sound with me.

Cos I told em I know Wil.

Johnnyc said:
Tell em you know Wil. You'll be grand after that.

IF that don't work (and that's a big if), just phone em up using the number on the irish version of the xbox360 site. It's fairly straight forward from there on. You phone em up (lie if your 360 is older than 3 months, cos if it is, it's outta warranty!) and they'll send you some forms to print out and stick on a box. Bang your dead console in said box and phone DHL and they take it away and return it for free. I got mine back in 7 days which ain't so bad. Lost all my game saves though, so maybe you should invest in a memory card unless you fancy starting from scratch.

I found it a totally painless process. I've heard a few nightmares (console taking AGES to return/console returning unfixed/tech support being shite with them on the phone), but they were sound with me.

Cos I told em I know Wil.

Do tell them you know me. My name sends waves of fear through the halls of Microsoft.

cheers dudes, I always though by eu law you had to provide at least 1 year warrenty!! I gave it a good cleaning and it booted, still not too happy with it failing at all though!!

nofriendo said:
cheers dudes, I always though by eu law you had to provide at least 1 year warrenty!! I gave it a good cleaning and it booted, still not too happy with it failing at all though!!
Yeah, an atomic bomb went off in my skull when my 360 died and I found out there was only 3 months warranty as standard. I don't think Microsoft have waved the 3 months thing in the light of the catalogue of probs the console has had either (probably wouldn't be fair to those who shelled out for the extra warranty).

So you cleaned it and it worked, eh? What kind of error were you getting? The red lights of doooooom? My 360 "gradually" died, so I hope you ain't in for the same thing.

tsr-afp-bill-gates-ie.jpg

fix it yourself.
waaaaaaaa.

Johnnyc said:
So you cleaned it and it worked, eh? What kind of error were you getting? The red lights of doooooom? My 360 "gradually" died, so I hope you ain't in for the same thing.

Basically, it depends on which quadrant of the ring of light is red, but i launched cod2 and all 4 went red! website says to call support. but just unplugged everything and let it cool down and then it rebooted. Still not a good sign though!!

nofriendo said:
Basically, it depends on which quadrant of the ring of light is red, but i launched cod2 and all 4 went red! website says to call support. but just unplugged everything and let it cool down and then it rebooted. Still not a good sign though!!

Overheating is a bitch. You need one of these.
UW%20Wind%20Tunnel%20whole%20Fan%20-%20Anna%20Zach%20Alex%2012-9-04.jpg

(Undead companion optional)

got the Saints Row demo this evening. Total and complete GTA rip off, but it's not bad all the same. Not bad at all.

ah its back and working well, plus got an extra hard disk for me troubles (think it was mistakenly though)!!

Gonna dload this as soon as I get home! Hope it's better than the absolutely fucking terrible Saints Row.

Gonna dload this as soon as I get home! Hope it's better than the absolutely fucking terrible Saints Row.

it's a bit small for a 1 gig download, innit... or am i missing something?

clock hits 7pm = demo ends; you leave the mall = demo ends; you go into the cinema = demo ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back