XBox 360 (8 Viewers)

The graphics in DiRT are jaw dropping at times.

Yeah but ultimately thats just polish and it definately doesnt make up for all the tearing and framerate issues that are rife in DiRT.

Forza runs at a constant rock solid 60fps even with all the telemetry shite running in the background.

DiRT is grand to pick up and play for a while but last night i started to zone out when i was playing it and thats only after a couple of hours, i'm 30 hours + into Forza 2 and you can still see the whites of my eyes when i'm playin the bastard.

I miss the steering wheel.

I dunno, I'm usually the one that gives out about tearing, but I'm really at the stage now where I don't notice it in DiRT. I think both games are great, but for folks like me who aren't nuts about cars, DiRT is just more pick up and play and more fun. It's not a case of polish Vs. depth ala FIFA Vs. PES though.

These two games are gonna keep me entertained for a long, long time.

Oh and big sweaty balls to "but ultimately thats just polish and it definately doesnt make up for all the tearing and framerate issues that are rife". This game is fucking gorgeous!

It's not a case of polish Vs. depth ala FIFA Vs. PES though.

Wait thats exactly what it is. Good analogy.

I like DiRT but the gameplay has been compromised for the sake of swishy graphics. Also the buggy races are a novelty add on that get boring quickly and theres no real multiplayer.

Its in a completely different league to Forza 2.

Wait thats exactly what it is. Good analogy.

I like DiRT but the gameplay has been compromised for the sake of swishy graphics. Also the buggy races are a novelty add on that get boring quickly and theres no real multiplayer.

Its in a completely different league to Forza 2.

Here's a better analogy.

DiRT = After Burner.
Forza = BA Flight Simulator.

Both games are equally valid and enjoyable. Different folks will appreciate each one for different reasons.

I had a very profitable night on Forza last night. Bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse and upgraded it to the max for a D class car, then did the endurance race. The car was shit hot for a D class, so I went through all the D class races I could find and did them all pretty much at the first attempt. I even got as high as 3500 in the world for one of the race times!

I then did a few more random championships before bed, within striking distance of level 30. I never thought I would be this into a driving game.

I had a very profitable night on Forza last night. Bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse and upgraded it to the max for a D class car, then did the endurance race. The car was shit hot for a D class, so I went through all the D class races I could find and did them all pretty much at the first attempt. I even got as high as 3500 in the world for one of the race times!

I then did a few more random championships before bed, within striking distance of level 30. I never thought I would be this into a driving game.

The Lotus Elan is the best class D car, its unbelievable!

Well I was getting well into the top 4000 times in some events with my souped-up mitsubishi eclipse. So srew your lotus.

well supposedly there is a bug with the lotus, when you replace the car with a better/faster engine the PI actually goes down. It also goes down when you do weight reduction making it a fast little bastard. There is only one way to prove this you know ?

Well if it's a bug it'll get stopped soon enough.

I didn't actually go into the 'proper' scoreboards till last night. It's great that you can see what cars other people are driving and what assists they have on. Lefty always has all the assists on, what a jessie!

Well if it's a bug it'll get stopped soon enough.

I didn't actually go into the 'proper' scoreboards till last night. It's great that you can see what cars other people are driving and what assists they have on. Lefty always has all the assists on, what a jessie!

ah so do i (i am a jessie!). up to level 25 now so will prob start turning them off soon. Although there is bery little benefit to turning them off. only 5% more money!

ah so do i (i am a jessie!). up to level 25 now so will prob start turning them off soon. Although there is bery little benefit to turning them off. only 5% more money!
I generally get 25% extra for every race:

10% for hard difficulty
10% for realistic damage
5% for TCS off

When you start doing the harder races it really makes a difference. I went up to level 29 last night, another hour or two with it and I should be hitting 30.

Also in fairness I noticed Lefty did the D class endurance race without ABS, that's pretty manly.

I generally get 25% extra for every race:

10% for hard difficulty
10% for realistic damage
5% for TCS off

When you start doing the harder races it really makes a difference. I went up to level 29 last night, another hour or two with it and I should be hitting 30.

Also in fairness I noticed Lefty did the D class endurance race without ABS, that's pretty manly.

nothing about lefty is manly!

Lefty is gonna start cutting throats when he gets on here.

I've started doing the arcade races in Forza, racing against the ghosts of guys high up in the ranks. Good fun!

I think I'm going to order Flatout UC. It's under 50 euro delivered from shopto.net.

Some people on the eurogamer forums have already recieved it from shopto and are saying its great fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back