Wow, I have just discovered... (1 Viewer)

_Katie_

Threads
I've heard of them alright... and I'm checking them out now!

That's the thing with Clodagh Simonds. Clodagh's old Mellow Candle colleague, Alison O'Donnell, has some great records too.
I love Alison's records. She's about to release a new record. Can't waaaaait.

billygannon

Contributor
Threads
Belle and Sebastian are like a very tidy tea-room

I must listen to the Pastels again - I don't think I've listened to them in 20 years.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
ugh, they're objectively creepy. I know @Lili Marlene agrees with me.
Lili Marlene agrees with you.

They're like lads in their "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirts who only use twitter to respond to the accounts of young women about how much they agree that all men are awful.

or as Steven Wells put it

self-loving, knock-kneed, passive aggressive, dressed-up-in-kiddy-clothes, mock-pop-creepiness-peddling, smug, underachieving, real-pop-hating no-talents celebrating their own inadequacy with music so white it's translucent

jonah

Supporter
Threads

They're like lads in their "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirts who only use twitter to respond to the accounts of young women about how much they agree that all men are awful.

self-loving, knock-kneed, passive aggressive, dressed-up-in-kiddy-clothes, mock-pop-creepiness-peddling, smug, underachieving, real-pop-hating no-talents celebrating their own inadequacy with music so white it's translucent
@ing you was a good idea

_Katie_

Threads

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This is perfect.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
Stuart Murdoch literally wrote a film about how he gets teenage girls.
I have been listening to Write About Love a lot recently and really enjoying it. I wondered why I didn't buy their last album, then I remembered it is titled Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance and I couldn't be fucked with that shit.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Legal Man has always been a good tune.

I dunno, I'm sure he's perfectly sound in real life so I should lay off but I saw B&S live a few years back and I was just sickened by the audience. A real visceral reaction to it all. ugh. Gimme Weller-dads who know they're old over this smug stuff.

billygannon

Contributor
Threads

This is a great quote!

I used to work with a guy called Steven Wells. His son Alexander is an illustrator. I don't think Steve liked Belle and Sebastian. He was in his 50's and was big in to fitness. Not the kind of guy to use social media either. He was a nice fella.

_Katie_

Threads
Jesus Christ, I'd have a hard time choosing, to be honest. (Weller since Style Council, obvs).
Weller-dads is an amazing term. They do tend to say things like "ah sure girls are better looking without make up, anyway", though. actual quote from actual Weller-dad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Spotify Singles
    Dreams - Recorded at Spotify Studios NYC
    Japanese Breakfast
    Spotify Singles
  • Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads