Wow, I have just discovered... (2 Viewers)

I've heard of them alright... and I'm checking them out now!

That's the thing with Clodagh Simonds. Clodagh's old Mellow Candle colleague, Alison O'Donnell, has some great records too.
I love Alison's records. She's about to release a new record. Can't waaaaait.

Belle and Sebastian are like a very tidy tea-room

I must listen to the Pastels again - I don't think I've listened to them in 20 years.

ugh, they're objectively creepy. I know @Lili Marlene agrees with me.
Lili Marlene agrees with you.

They're like lads in their "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirts who only use twitter to respond to the accounts of young women about how much they agree that all men are awful.

or as Steven Wells put it

self-loving, knock-kneed, passive aggressive, dressed-up-in-kiddy-clothes, mock-pop-creepiness-peddling, smug, underachieving, real-pop-hating no-talents celebrating their own inadequacy with music so white it's translucent

They're like lads in their "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirts who only use twitter to respond to the accounts of young women about how much they agree that all men are awful.

self-loving, knock-kneed, passive aggressive, dressed-up-in-kiddy-clothes, mock-pop-creepiness-peddling, smug, underachieving, real-pop-hating no-talents celebrating their own inadequacy with music so white it's translucent

@ing you was a good idea

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This is perfect.

Legal Man has always been a good tune.

I dunno, I'm sure he's perfectly sound in real life so I should lay off but I saw B&S live a few years back and I was just sickened by the audience. A real visceral reaction to it all. ugh. Gimme Weller-dads who know they're old over this smug stuff.

This is a great quote!

I used to work with a guy called Steven Wells. His son Alexander is an illustrator. I don't think Steve liked Belle and Sebastian. He was in his 50's and was big in to fitness. Not the kind of guy to use social media either. He was a nice fella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back