Wow, I have just discovered... (2 Viewers)

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com

I always loved this and I dug it out to play for the kids. Presumed it was a one hit wonder. I didn't know he had a full album and has gone on to do loads of stuff. The album is very ween.

shidheat

Supporter
Threads
Don't remember much about it,but I do remember I used to love Battle of the Planets.
i just remember, as a child, linking casey casem's voice of jason from botp with the top 40 show that used to be on the radio... and being a bit confused about the whole thing. same guy on the radio from the tv cartoon???

dunderhead

Threads
Jessica Pratt. A name I overlooked for the last couple of years despite it popping up a good bit in various forms of recommendations. Really like her voice, but might not be for everyone.

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
Yeah I might listen to something to like that but maybe with less bombast

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I'm finally digging into Sacred Harp/shape note singing. I have seen a couple of videos of it (including the Cork group doing it) and I have an album of a similar style from some Scottish island community but listening now to proper recordings from the US south. Exceptional stuff!

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov
I'm finally digging into Sacred Harp/shape note singing. I have seen a couple of videos of it (including the Cork group doing it) and I have an album of a similar style from some Scottish island community but listening now to proper recordings from the US south. Exceptional stuff!
it is. dust-to-digital did a great comp called 'i belong to this band'.

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov
there's also a style called lining out where everyone starts singing the same line but takes as long as they want. when the last note has sounded, everyone moves on to the next line. pure, unadulterated melisma.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• N

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads