Worst hipster bands ever (1 Viewer)

It's a cynical hack article that did not merit the time it took to write it. However, there are defining characteristics to 'hipsters' that surely you recognise? I can tell you this much, it's just not punk.

hipster.jpg

go on, define them then

See that's what I dislike about 'Don't Look Back' - I prefer a smattering of hits.

Tilt's great but then there's Nite Flights, the Electrician, the Old Man's Back Again, Copenhagen, Duchess, the Brel covers... I know Scott doesn't really like that stuff any more but he's sittin on a goldmine... somewhere in south London, apparently.

Has anyone ever heard of, or like Little Barrie?

I'm supposed to be going to see them. Thinking of bailing.

They're a typical NME band, circa 2004. They're grand, a little throwaway.

Thats based on what I knew of them back in the day. I remember they came out with a great song (Free Salute I think it was called) that I heard when seeing them in a support slot (maybe supporting Super Furry Animals, I can't fully remember). I bought the first album on the back of that song and semi-decent gig. I've probably never listened to the album straight through.

But if it wasn't putting me too far out of my way I think I'd go see them play again.

they're pretty active on twitter these days. I was shocked they're even still going, so far balls to them for their persistence.

lots of people saying Bon Iver were great last night

what the fuck? do they have loads of songs that I don't know?

I figured they only played the O2 cos they'd have no bother selling tickets for it what with all the people suffering insomnia in this country heading along to be cured.

They have some nice tunes for sure but I've seen 'em twice and they were boooooooooring.

I've heard a couple of Bon Iver songs and they sounded like Fleet Foxes being covered by Enya on Valium.
Not very good.

I think Jill Hives was at it, she's such a hipster it's ridiculous.

I've heard a couple of Bon Iver songs and they sounded like Fleet Foxes being covered by Enya on Valium.
Not very good.

I think Jill Hives was at it, she's such a hipster it's ridiculous.

Hey now! I didn't pay for the ticket and it was a shite gig.
Soulless is a word I'd used to describe it.

Scott walker tour. What a concept.

I just wanna say I happened to see The Black Keys once and they were deadly. Of course they can play. Derivitave and maybe a bit pointless, but still great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back