Worst film you've ever seen (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 572
  • Views 44K
  • Watchers 16
Would Watchmen have been less shit had I read the book? I'm unlikely to read the book having sat through 5 hours of that pointless nonsense.

ah but

Leeloo.bmp

christina_hendricks.jpg

yup, agreed.

That Death Proof thing was pretty awful.

ha, watched that the other night because i was in the mood for something crap. if it was a short it might have been good.

Would Watchmen have been less shit had I read the book? I'm unlikely to read the book having sat through 5 hours of that pointless nonsense.

i loved that, but i'm a big nerd. you need to liberate your inner nerd. to me it (didnt read the yellow pages either) it was great historical pisstake and had a lot of nice jokes about other super heroes.

seen 'The Hangover' last night. what a load of shite.

dunno what the worst movie i've seen but it has to be one of those, 'men are dickheads and will hurt you but you are strong and will find justice through establishing some jaysis legal precedent' made for tv movies.

probably in the minority here, but i thought this was awful shite. cate blanchett as dylan was especially laughable.

imnotthere_l200709241502-730363.jpg

it could be taken that way, or it can be looked on like people see mad men or jayne eyrehead, just a reflection of the times.

not saying its a good movie btw.

You're right, Mad Men isn't misogynist, it's a reflection mid-twentieth century mores from a early twenty first centry perspective. I don't know what Sin City's meant to be about, but the depiction and treatment of women in the film didn't do anything to endear me to it. That and the fact it was just shit.

The depitction of men in Sin City wouldn't exactly be flattering either. It's not a pean to the human spirit.

Fourthed perspective: neither the art direction nor the script had any real sense of weight.

the wee banter earlier with catlady made me wiki the theme/plot, which on pixel looks quite good.

Basin City, almost universally referred to by the nickname Sin City, is a fictional town in the American west. The climate is hot and arid, although Sacred Oaks is characterized as being heavily wooded. A major river runs through the city, which has an extensive waterfront. Usually twice a year, a major downpour comes, and (in That Yellow Bastard) the city gets heavy snowfall in the winter. In the comics, Basin City has a surreal, Pan-American feel. Desert lizards and palm trees are common, while tar pits, desert areas, mountain ranges and flat farmland make up the landscape around the city.
The Basin City Police are more or less along the lines of paramilitary or SWAT, as they have to deal with incredibly high crime rates among criminals and civilians alike, which is why they have access to what most would consider "heavy weaponry" and full body armor. Those who make up the force have been described as commonly being lazy, cowardly and/or corrupt. Only a handful of the cops are honest, though frequently the wealthy of the city bribe the corrupt members of the police into performing their duty (usually as a result of some crime being committed against a member of their family).
During the California Gold Rush, the Roark family "imported" a large number of attractive women to keep the miners happy, making a fortune and turning a struggling mining camp into a thriving, bustling city. Over the years, as the Roark family migrated into other areas of business and power, these women ended up forming the district of Old Town, the prostitute quarter of the city where they rule with absolute authority. In addition, the people charged with governing the city, most of them from the Roark line, remained in power for generations, running it as they saw fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back