why mac (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
6779.jpg

Couldn't you just buy a new webcam & sit it on top of your iMac?

Just ordered my first Macbook!
It's the same price as my Dell laptop was 2 years ago & that's falling asunder on me already.

is it worth waiting until the end of october to get the new model macbook? im gettin one for graphics/music/video editing. (i kinda want it sooner than october cos i start college in 2 weeks.)
i find it really annoying how digital cameras appear to be ahead of computers. my family got a new computer for the first time in 7 years last year, now when i upload pictures from my 10m m.p. camera the whole thing crashes, if i got a new mac would that happen? also where is the best place to buy one? esp in terms of warranty and discounts?

is it worth waiting until the end of october to get the new model macbook? im gettin one for graphics/music/video editing. (i kinda want it sooner than october cos i start college in 2 weeks.)
i find it really annoying how digital cameras appear to be ahead of computers. my family got a new computer for the first time in 7 years last year, now when i upload pictures from my 10m m.p. camera the whole thing crashes, if i got a new mac would that happen? also where is the best place to buy one? esp in terms of warranty and discounts?

You might find you have to wait anyway. When new models are on the horizon the current stock dries up.

As for your point about the camera. My iMac handles pics from my 12mp camera, no problem.

I reckon about 90% of people who now use Macs know nothing about computers and do so cos they look good, which is reason enough I suppose and good luck to you, but you can get better bang for your buck nowadays with a PC.

I reckon about 90% of people who now use Macs know nothing about computers and do so cos they look good, which is reason enough I suppose and good luck to you, but you can get better bang for your buck nowadays with a PC.

Have you ever owned one? A mac i mean.

Well, I'm sure you've done some extensive research. I have a mac and while I could have bought any computer I wanted, I bought this one. It has crashed maybe twice in a year and even then it wasn't a disaster. It all comes down to the OS you want to use at the end of the day and I don't like Windows.

I just got my new iMac, and it's fucking ace. First proper go of Leopard too, which is a mixed bag of stupid/smart.

I don't think I'll ever get on with the Mighty Mouse though.

that's what i thought. I programmed it to be super basic. never thought I love the scroll ball, but i so do.

Yeah, I switched off the side buttons and the scroll ball as a button - keeping the right click for the moment but I'm really not fond of the way you have to lift your index finger to right click.

And the keyboard... well, I don't know about that yet either. I have a spare "white tray" apple keyboard that might be dusted off in a few weeks if this one isn't up to snuff.

I'm turning into a peripheral fogey.

Anybody here regularly using Creative Suite 3 on Leopard and an Intel Mac? Experiences? Just wondering if there are any issues I should know about before I make the jump from CS1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back