why are there so many threads started by men on thumped about how shit women are? (3 Viewers)

They're moaney nerds though.

nerds.jpg

NERDDDDDDDDDDDS!!

Snaky, have I ever said anything that met your approval?

Of course you have :)

It seems not. What did the last paragraph say? Hm? That obviously I can't understand what it's like to be a guy?

Yes, you covered your ass most adequately.

"Seriously, there's nothing more distressing, in a relationship situation, anyway, than watching a dude tortured by an inability to express emotion. I don't understand it because I'm not a dude, and even then, every dude's (and every person's) experience of processing emotion is going to be different, but no one can do it for you. I know I talk about male privilege and everything, but as I and others have pointed out, everyone woudl admit that it's not necessarily a privilege to be a man all the time, and it's far more complex than that. It's actually gotta be rough to be a guy sometimes."

It strikes me that "watching dudes tortured by an inability to express emotion" is completely off the mark; simplistic; taking the easy way out. And I smell bullshit. If people don't express emotions they wither away - so either you've know some really messed up guys (which is possible, I admit) or you just didn't read the signals - or indeed, they didn't know how to express them in a language you understand. Either way, the idea that men can't express emotions is hokum - or at least it's valid only in the sense that women also have great difficulty expressing emotions. I think they just do it in different ways.

Saying things like "it's actually gotta be rough to be a guy sometimes" - who are you trying to kid? Who are you? Mother Theresa? Give me a break

And before you rear up and lose the rag: please understand I'm not trying to be nasty. I am applaud your brazen, feigned empathy. It's fantastic.

Fine, I have zero understanding of men. Or of people. Or of anything.

Well, I believe you have a very clear understanding of many things, so I'm sorry if I came across as condescending or dismissive or whatever.....

All men are emotionally expressive. Some women find this emotionally oppressive.

I'd say 'tuck it in and man-up you bitches!' but this would probably be taken out of context and deemed highly insulting.

This is the worst thread ever.

No offence.

Actually,...

No. None.

Right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back