Who's supporting The Flaming Lips? (1 Viewer)

Sunday's show was very good. It looked like they'd have to cut it short when Steve threw a bit of a wobbler about an hour in. He looked out of sorts throughout it and finally caved during the Yeah Yeah song. We were told to be patient and that if they couldn't go on they'd be back to play a free gig for us all. They did come back and though I get the feeling they still cut it a bit short, it was excellent overall.

I can't help wondering what it would have been like without all the lasers and confetti and dancing girls. Probably still very good I reckon. Musically they were very tight and played a good set (though I can only remember 10 or so songs they played all night). Wayne Coyne is prone to talking an inordinate amount of shite, but no one seemed to mind, even when it turned political.

Those lasers did get very annoying after a while.

Well impressed by the Annuals. They mentioned an EP coming out here in January. It will need to be checked out.

I thought it was okay. I dont care too much for institutionalised super happy fun party time. This was illustrated very clearly afterwards when I got called a curmudgeon by anyone who heard me express anything less than 100% approval for The Flaming Smurfs.

Flaming Lips were great. pitty bout the 'sinus problem'. show was spectacular. saw everything from the balcony. wayne talks a lot but was funny. wonder-woman was great too. i love the way they go all out for their gigs. confetti, big screen, lazers, rodies in super-hero gear. thought the support act were the bigggest shapers id ever seen. they werent very good. were ok, sounded crap which had me worried bout the Flaming Lips' sound but opening with Race for the prize convinced me otherwise. anone else notice the backing track which had alot of guitar on it?

still though. worth every penny. fuckin great.

Flaming Lips were great. pitty bout the 'sinus problem'. show was spectacular. saw everything from the balcony. wayne talks a lot but was funny. wonder-woman was great too. i love the way they go all out for their gigs. confetti, big screen, lazers, rodies in super-hero gear. thought the support act were the bigggest shapers id ever seen. they werent very good. were ok, sounded crap which had me worried bout the Flaming Lips' sound but opening with Race for the prize convinced me otherwise. anone else notice the backing track which had alot of guitar on it?

still though. worth every penny. fuckin great.
that was one of the best gigs ive ever been to.
not much else to say about the flaming lips really.
it was my 1st time so it was probably increased ten fold.

there was 2 spas in front of me from boggerland who hadnt been let out of their shed in a while and spent more time having a lazer fight with some other yob up in the balcony.
i happened to notice glen spa hansard in the balcony. his smirk made me want to kill.

annuals were really shit. the bassist had a case of the flaming gays.
and if i blocked my ears it felt like i was watching maroon 5.

so who went both nights? which was better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back