Where do *you* get your music? (1 Viewer)

Buying a Last.fm subscription and listening to artists stations or recommends has been whats introduced me to new music lately.

And the records (downloads) I've bought as a result have been cheap as chips (dollar) and go either straight to the artist or the (non major) label.

from the irish times recently:

i wonder if anyone here can help me … for 12-24 months or so, ive been looking for someone to open up a music shop in the twisted pepper – a space i have on middle abbey st. I view it as purely a space , but its primarily a music venue/club, although we’ve opened an award winning cafe within it, and a bookshop will be opening on may 01st, and music studio in may too. these operations are all run in the space independently of what we – bodytonic – do there. i do similar ideas in the bernard shaw too, and we’re adding loads more

so we’ve done this sort of thing plenty of times, have a rough idea, find someone good to match it, try it, see what happens. my music shop idea is this. im looking for someone who’ll run a ‘music shop’ . they’d sell vinyl, cds, old tapes. tee’s, clothes, gadgets, movies, books. new , old, across the board. the sorta shop you’d ‘discover’ or learn something, or just hang out as opposed to having the latest stuff. the choice on offer needs to be good, the person selecting and running it needs to know their stuff, be passionate, friendly and open. we’ve also got a studio for recording, and stage and AV setups for the more creative retailer to do all sorts depending on their ideas – recording sessions, talks, seminars, gigs, webcasts ala the boileroom – loads of things really, its a blank canvas of an idea . im just about to reinvest a load of mula in sound, light and AV in most of the rooms from next week too . add to that its got alot of human music traffic, and there’s other people in there to provide an entreprenuerial support network, its worth a shot.

anyway if anyone is interested , or knows of anyone who is – send me a mail : [email protected] .

Buying a Last.fm subscription and listening to artists stations or recommends has been whats introduced me to new music lately.

And the records (downloads) I've bought as a result have been cheap as chips (dollar) and go either straight to the artist or the (non major) label.

been toying with the idea of buying as last.fm subscription.... worth it?

been toying with the idea of buying as last.fm subscription.... worth it?

I think so - You need to have been scrobbling for a good while before it starts to make any sense though.

Also, you can save yourself a couple of quid by selecting Dollars. Weird glitch.

You can buy a 1 month once off for like €3 to try it out.

But being able to play artists radio is what makes it for me and the recommendations based on what you've been listening to seem to be very intuitive.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get most of my recommendations from last.fm, or sadly enough, whatever everyone is talking about on twitter.

I particularly enjoyed the '30 day challenge for dickheads' alteration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back