When the Neighbour's Kid Won't Go Home (1 Viewer)

Couple of weeks ago there was a knock on the door and a local kid announced "I'm coming in" when I answered the door & had to stop him.

I've seen this kid around & he's much older than mine so I thought this was a bit odd. (They've never played together).

The wife was getting the boy ready for bed upstairs so I told this kid that he was going to bed & perhaps come back tomorrow.

He was having none of it & insisted on coming in. I refused. I mean, I could have been home alone & this kid was adamant on coming in.

After he got the message he then started wandering around the front garden so I had to firmly tell him to just go home.

His mother, who was usually friendly with smiles, blanked my wife days later down town.

Weird.

Point is I guess, you just have to be firm with kids or else they'll take advantage...

I was this Dad.Not to the same extent but in a minor variation on the theme.

I'd be recording something and Daisy would be next door playing with her cousin.Time flys when yer recording something.

Anyway,the brother told me I was a fucking wanker and I better get my shit together.Which I did and everything turned out sweet.

I started recording potential hits and now nobody says shit to me about anything in case I write them out of my will.

I hope this helps.

Jim Daniels, tell yer sis to randomly walk around in the nip

news'll filter back and, bob's yer uncle, no more visits from psycho-kid

of course, then she might have the problem of the dad stopping in all the time...

We had a similar problem a few years back, a few neighbours kids in all the time, 6-7 yr olds. We didn't know the parents at all. I regularly just kicked them out if they outstayed their welcome.Then one day one of the mum's calls to the house to pick their kid up, chatted for a bit, all fine.
Next day the kid calls to the house as usual, but asks if my two can come out, says he's not allowed to come in!
Mammy wasn't so keen on letting her kid play in the house all day any more, what with a MAN being there, ALONE, WITH CHILDREN!!!!
That solved that.
It's fair enough though, I wouldn't let my children spend a lot of time in someone's house I didn't know very well. Also, there might be a MAN there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back