What's the worst place you've ever visited? (1 Viewer)

Mallow is the only place in the world where Ive ever felt like I was really going to get my head kicked in. I've been punched a couple of times in belfast, but at least they were out of the blue.

Manchester/Nottingham/Cardiff, I just dont like the vibe in UK towns at night. My mate even got abuse walking down a road in Woking.

Them Brits, you couldnt be up to em.

Mallow is the only place in the world where Ive ever felt like I was really going to get my head kicked in. I've been punched a couple of times in belfast, but at least they were out of the blue.

Manchester/Nottingham/Cardiff, I just dont like the vibe in UK towns at night. My mate even got abuse walking down a road in Woking.

Them Brits, you couldnt be up to em.

most midland (ie non coastal) towns in ireland are cesspits of menace.

I went to Dundalk last weekend for the first time in my life, it was nicer than I expected, it was like how I imagine the 70s were. I was only there about an hour though. Way nicer than Drogheda anyway, now there is a kip.

I had to work in Cavan town in the late 90s for a while.

Not an awful place, just devoid of any reason to live.
Friend of mine was a doctor there for a while last year, said pretty much the same. Absolutely nothing there. Netflix every evening monday-thursday then back to Dublin at the weekend.

Friend of mine was a doctor there for a while last year, said pretty much the same. Absolutely nothing there. Netflix every evening monday-thursday then back to Dublin at the weekend.

Well, they were building a cinema when I was there.

I asked people where they went to the cinema (which is a big deal for me) and they said Enniskillen.
That kind of broke my heart a little bit. A whole other country like.
The bars had all been done up in the 70s with much enthusiasm, but nothing had been done since.
It was like being in a graveyard of hopes.

Told some women in the park I'd picked Paris over Barcelona and they were all "Oh Paris is an awful place! It's full of junkies, we all had to link arms everywhere we went, we were that terrified". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back