What was I thinking?? Rubbishy albums you bought (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

Here's a few of mine. In my defense I've included a reason why I think I bought them

Album Reason

The New young pony club - I liked "the bomb and ice cream"
The Kooks - Inside in/inside out - I liked naive
Klaxons - ... I liked golden scans...as above, so below
The long Blondes - someone to drive - I liked giddy stratospheres

Supersuckers "must've been high"
Scenic "aquatica"

bought both of these on impulse one day, both complete shite. that was years ago though, everything ive bought since has been ok.

The long Blondes - someone to drive -

great album

in fact, today on the way to work I listened to them before they went all professional

theLongBlondesSingles_1224787557_crop_240x240.jpg

a fun singles collection. By a band whose guitars had a real orange juice/josef k style. Who released a single on the What's your Rupture? label. For singing and dancing to.

that is all.

numerous deerhoof albums. kept hearing great things about them and thought i was missing something and that it would eventually click. came to the conclusion that they're shit. can't fathom why they're so acclaimed. they're not even one of those great live bands whose sound doesn't translate well to record. when i saw them i was completely underwhelmed

Some US Maple cd circa 2001. I bought it because it was the 'pick of the week' of a guy in a music shop that generally had rock solid taste. I listened once and sold it back the next day.

numerous deerhoof albums. kept hearing great things about them and thought i was missing something and that it would eventually click. came to the conclusion that they're shit. can't fathom why they're so acclaimed. they're not even one of those great live bands whose sound doesn't translate well to record. when i saw them i was completely underwhelmed

i was just thinking the other day what a consistently amazing band they are and how yr such a ridiculous penis face.

30 seconds to mars. I've no idea why i bought it. Terrible muck altogether.
Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium. Annoying.

A few years ago a girl I had le horn for loved Atari Teenage Riot, bought an album and no, its rubbish. Its like when theres a roomfull of pissed ppl and they're all trying to talk over each other but in fact you cant make anything out.

Alec Empire or not, its a shit sandwich

that's a lovely cover though, although the band name alone should set off alarm bells in any right-thinking brain

I know some people love 'em, but "Cough" by The Black Eyes is an album that annoys me every time I lay eyes on it. I really tried to listen to and like it, but I find it awful and just noise. I like to think I've a pretty varied taste in music, but gah! It's terrible!

(If anyone wants it they can have it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back