What was I thinking?? Rubbishy albums you bought (1 Viewer)

Architecture in Helsinki - some guff

Caught the very end of their set at EP and thought, that looks fun. No. No fun. At all.

d91202omlhd.jpg

Love Battery - Day Glo. When I was 15 I thought everything on Sub Pop would be pretty good. This proved me wrong.

333.jpg

I should have known what to expect, but..

cover%281209%29.jpg

I heard one of his tunes on John Peel's show years ago and quite liked it. Then I heard Beck name check him. Didn't hear from him again until I found this second hand in Road. It's tuneless dirge.

f52655t7dwi.jpg

He was young and needed the money. It had Plant Man on it although I should have bought the single because there's really only one other actual song you can listen to on it.

These records probably cost me €20 in total. I don't think you should ever regret taking chances on buying music, because you find some wonderful gems that way. It also keeps some nice people selling them to you.

eek-thats pretty bad alright

Im guessing you're a lot younger than me so its not so bad

I rarely get rid of albums, years and years later the shittest record can sound great, if only for nostalgia reasons

i give you..
1942.jpg

when i say "great " i mean your hand i never off the stylus arm as you jump between the songs

Warlock:
Never, efer trust Kerrang reviews
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

gomez - bring it on

i know. by way of explanation - i was going to see them and thought i should hear the record first. gah. that doesn't make it any better does it? worst of all, i still have that cd somewhere.

i'm 28...

i'm guessing you once had a mullet/ronnie/both :p

kinda , sorta

bad metal choices were part of life back then

I bought a Gomez album for my sister assuming she'd like it and to this day she has never mentioned it( where normally she would ) - so i assume its not the best

cover%281209%29.jpg

I heard one of his tunes on John Peel's show years ago and quite liked it. Then I heard Beck name check him. Didn't hear from him again until I found this second hand in Road. It's tuneless dirge.

I too got sucked in to that Simon Joyner trap, Wheels!
Heard one amazing song and then bought 'The Lousy Dance'.
Moany crap.

Same thing happened with that band For Stars.
Can't even remember the name of the album and i'm not even going to do it justice by googling it.

gomez - bring it on

i know. by way of explanation - i was going to see them and thought i should hear the record first. gah. that doesn't make it any better does it? worst of all, i still have that cd somewhere.

haha, I got all their singles off their first two albums. I still think fondly of them but i'd never listen to them

i haven't bought any shite albums since i stopped trusting kerrang. and also stopped buying albums i guess...
last shite album i can remember was some devin townsend solo effort, paid through the nose for it in sound cellar...in fairness i had reason to believe it would be good based on the evidence of strapping young lad. think i lent it to spuded about 6 years ago and never bothered getting it back. infinity, that's the one.

edit: might give it a listen and see if i still feel the same...(usually a mistake but here goes)

Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives. Jaysus what a chore. And I wasn't even alowed to exchange it.
14508.jpg

Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend. Great cover, great reputation... wholly underwhelming record.
Matthew_20Sweet_20-_20Girlfriend.jpg

American Music Club - Mercury. And I love moany white singer songwriters. So grim. Not a tune on it.
AMC.jpg

I rarely get rid of albums, years and years later the shittest record can sound great, if only for nostalgia reasons

i give you..
1942.jpg

when i say "great " i mean your hand i never off the stylus arm as you jump between the songs

Warlock:
YouTube - Warlock Doro All We Are

(you know Doro is supporting some band at some *** promoted gig sometime in the future in some venue in dublin)

Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives. Jaysus what a chore. And I wasn't even alowed to exchange it.

thats really excellent if you're in the right mood, i'd love to listen to it now. i brought Western Culture by Henry Cow back to the shop after one listen but ended up buying it again years later and loving it. the only other album i recall taking back to the shop because it was rubbish was one by Thurston Moore, Evan Parker and somebody else

last shite album i can remember was some devin townsend solo effort
infinity, that's the one.

edit: might give it a listen and see if i still feel the same...(usually a mistake but here goes)
my memory didn't fail me, awful fucking shite. oh devin.

i give you..
1942.jpg

Warlock:
YouTube - Warlock Doro All We Are

I remember being in primary school and this guy used to have his older brother's hand me down school bag with all these heavy metal logos drawn on it (the venom one really impressed me) on it was "Doro pesch is a ride" I remember thinking, what the fuck does that mean?....aw the good ol' days

Keeping up the Thurston/SY love, this one isn't too catchy:

333.jpg

This was my first ever purchase in Road Records:

6379-large.jpg

I got it because I liked Sebadoh, which didn't turn out to be a very good reason. I gave it away to a guy in school the next day.

haha, I got all their singles off their first two albums. I still think fondly of them but i'd never listen to them

EXCEPT, this song is really nice. Seriously. ('cept for when he sounds like Eddie Vedder in the chorus).
I can't believe this is almost 10 years ago. I think I'm gonna walk down the road and stare at the sea until dawn. Or open a beer.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back