No of albums sold by a few bands (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 7
I saw the Bad Intentions supporting a couple of bands and they bored me to death and all the way back to life again. It was like mass.

Best reviewers in my opinion are Jeremy Clarkson on cars and AA Gill on TV programmes. Both are properly good writers who can bring their subject to life. Still waiting to read a music writer that good. Someone where you could read a book of their columns without getting bored.

Best reviewers in my opinion are Jeremy Clarkson on cars and AA Gill on TV programmes. Both are properly good writers who can bring their subject to life. Still waiting to read a music writer that good. Someone where you could read a book of their columns without getting bored.

"Mumbeling Deaf Ro's latest albim is like Damien Rice, haunted by the spirit of a thousand old Irish story tellers. The music is at times pure folk pop. With songs like these, who needs a new car or television programme? 4/5."

"Mumbeling Deaf Ro's latest albim is like Damien Rice, haunted by the spirit of a thousand old Irish story tellers. The music is at times pure folk pop. With songs like these, who needs a new car or television programme? 4/5."

I usually get "I know we all hate singer songwriters but . . ." Being solo is a genre you know.

Actually I shouldn't complain - I get loads of kind comments. I'm not actually complaining about getting bad reviews as a musician, I'm speaking as a music fan who can't find a readable volume of music writing to bring on holidays.

Actually I shouldn't complain - I get loads of kind comments. I'm not actually complaining about getting bad reviews as a musician, I'm speaking as a music fan who can't find a readable volume of music writing to bring on holidays.

Agreed. Maybe there's always been too much posturing associated with 'pop' music (as much with those who write about it as those who perform it) to foster good writing.
You know, boxing has had so many brilliant writers, who were always kind of distant from the boxers themselves. The most famous music writers were more or less rock stars themselves.
And they took loads of drugs. Bad writing usually results from that.

Edit: actually, not just boxing - sport in general.

Does anyone read Simon Kuper on the Financial Times (or for me, the ft.com website)? He's a brilliant writer on football, only he has one column a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back