What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (7 Viewers)

Remember way back when, you'd see Marty Morrisey or someone with a camera crew and it be would all exciting and glamorous and showbiz and stuff.

Nowadays every dickhead has a camera, and nobody cares. Really, nobody cares. And they shouldn't.

If I had to make allowances for everyone taking a photo in Dublin I’d need to walk through Slane* just to get from O’Connell St to Grafton St.

*My phone kept autocorrecting this to Sláine which is cool.

If I had to make allowances for everyone taking a photo in Dublin I’d need to walk through Slane* just to get from O’Connell St to Grafton St.

*My phone kept autocorrecting this to Sláine which is cool.

I paused for a few seconds to let a tourist get a snap of themselves with the Molly Malone last week, wouldn't do it for an influencer, get a permit from the city and set up an exclusion zone if you want privacy shooting commercial shit in a public space.

It get's worse

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

trains, trans, whateva..

speaking of filming and public transport, i was once on the luas and there was a lame attempt to create some sort of comedy scene on it (a rather good looking young lady in a striking dress got on, and started looking through her phone, and started laughing louder and louder and louder. it was a bit *odd*. then after she stopped, it was announced that we were being filmed for some TV program, i guess a comedy one or some attempt at creating and filming a contagious laughing event).

anyway, what i thought was striking was that they started handing out release forms for people to sign, to give permission for the footage that included them, to be broadcast. i was amazed that so many people signed it without even reading it. it could have been some sort of dave mcsavage thing, a 'look at these herd of useless idiots' sort of thing, for all they knew.

obviously my face hadn't been caught on camera, i was not handed one.

Musk telling the people who are keeping the thing going to fuck off.

Also this week:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Wednesday warned of difficulties in scaling up production of the automaker’s highly anticipated Cybertruck electric pickup truck and announced that deliveries would begin on Nov. 30.

The world’s most valuable automaker makes electric sedans and sport utility vehicles, but has missed out on the pickup truck segment, which is highly profitable and extremely popular in the United States.

The Cybertruck is expected to challenge Rivian’s R1T, Ford’s F-150 Lightning and General Motors’ Chevrolet Silverado EV in the hot market for electric pickup trucks.

Musk said he wanted to “temper expectations” for the truck, adding that the company could face “huge challenges” in ramping up production and becoming cash flow positive.

“We’ve dug our own grave with the Cybertruck,” he said on an earnings call after the automaker reported a decline in its margins partly due to increased truck production.

That sounds like auto industry code for 'we are not making these things at a profit'.

Twitter is losing billions per week.
Tesla possibly teetering on a loss leader.
Space X military contracts are whats left, and in fairness he's a liability so they'll want to minimise exposure to him.

It's getting there.

I haven't really looked at the work acc for 3 weeks

just had a look, and i had a notification telling me to read this post. what a shit newspaper.

1704633688682.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back