What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

Comrade Detective. Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon Levitt dub the voices for a fake "lost" Romanian TV show. Weird, funny, wtf show. Nothing else really like it but if I had to draw comparisons it would be Police Squad and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace or spoof Giallo movie The Editor
Sounds like Soupy Norman.

Sounds like Soupy Norman.
Well, the difference is the show they're dubbing is fake so it was written and conceived by the US production team, shot on location in Bucharest with a
Romanian cast and dubbed by well known American actors. The gag is that is supposedly a "lost" tv series from the communist era. The production values are spot on - you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between this and an actual 80s Romanian cop show. It's quite good if I had one criticism is it's played a bit too straight, could use a bit more silliness.

Well, the difference is the show they're dubbing is fake so it was written and conceived by the US production team, shot on location in Bucharest with a
Romanian cast and dubbed by well known American actors. The gag is that is supposedly a "lost" tv series from the communist era. The production values are spot on - you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between this and an actual 80s Romanian cop show. It's quite good if I had one criticism is it's played a bit too straight, could use a bit more silliness.

There's chess on TV and you're back here reading a book?

Ozarks - cliche ridden Breaking Bad-lite, shot with those annoying blue and green filters common in contemporary film and tv. That said Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are always excellent and the Ozarks locations are stunning. Hope they iron out the plot holes and cliched dialogue.

It seemed like the whole series was setting up storylines for an EPIC season 2. Until the last episode. Now I don't know what to think.

It was grand. People had been going onto me about how amazing it was so I sat watching it, waiting for something to happen. But not much happens.

Btw that's possibly spoiler stuff up there ^^^

Oh well

Herself started watching House Of Cards so I started watching it too. After a few episodes I lost interest. I'm not really into watching a show about a prick being a prick. I'll still watch it if it's on but she's free to watch it without me.

Herself started watching House Of Cards so I started watching it too. After a few episodes I lost interest. I'm not really into watching a show about a prick being a prick. I'll still watch it if it's on but she's free to watch it without me.
Oh it's really good. Does assume the viewer had a certain knowledge of US political structures though.

That's 95% of shows at the moment

True. I've come to the conclusion that pretty much everything on Netflix in particular is a gigantic waste of time. Time when I could be doing something else. TP and GOT for me until the new David Simon thing comes out and then I might just give it up altogether. Might.

True. I've come to the conclusion that pretty much everything on Netflix in particular is a gigantic waste of time. Time when I could be doing something else. TP and GOT for me until the new David Simon thing comes out and then I might just give it up altogether. Might.
True of the Netflix shows. I generally get bored around episode 7 or 8. Cinemax cancelled Quarry after one season which was the best thing to come along in ages : (

Can't reiterate strongly enough how much people who have bailed on The Strain have dropped the ball.

thankfully it's finishing up and not being dragged out

i kinda wish they'd stayed closer to the book. there's a whole lot of
biblical background stuff
they just ignored

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back